Best RODI system for reef?

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first thing that fails is your carbon filter. This happens silently. Then... the RO will fail. You will see this happen when the tds meter shows your rejection rate is getting worse. Then... you will start to burn through your DI material much more quickly. Finally... the bad stuff makes it all the way through the filter and wipes out your coral.

RO membranes are expensive.

If you change the carbon routinely, and you have good water pressure, your RO membrane can last anywhere from 6 months to a few years. How fast you burn through your DI media depends on how much water you are making, and what tds is coming out of your RO membrane.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only because I didn't notice this mentioned:
You should be able to request a Water Quality Report from your water source company (if you're on municipal water).
*my provider has the last few reports right on their website

You could post it here and let experts evaluate?
Chloramines (or other) might help you decide which carbon blocks to run and if better to run separate DI resins vs mixed bed,,, i.e. help you decide if worth it to have 3 DI chambers vs just 1-2, although you can always start smaller and add on later.

OrlandoAIOReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only because I didn't notice this mentioned:
You should be able to request a Water Quality Report from your water source company (if you're on municipal water).
*my provider has the last few reports right on their website

You could post it here and let experts evaluate?
Chloramines (or other) might help you decide which carbon blocks to run and if better to run separate DI resins vs mixed bed,,, i.e. help you decide if worth it to have 3 DI chambers vs just 1-2, although you can always start smaller and add on later.
Does this mean anything?

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to bulk reef supply, they imo have way better than Amazon rodi units and an explanation on what stage you will need for your system

OrlandoAIOReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to bulk reef supply, they imo have way better than Amazon rodi units and an explanation on what stage you will need for your system
Yessir was planning of the 150gph 5 stage pro or 7 stage pro, I’m seeing they’re the same except 7 stage has 3 di filters and 5 stage has 1

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yessir was planning of the 150gph 5 stage pro or 7 stage pro, I’m seeing they’re the same except 7 stage has 3 di filters and 5 stage has 1
And remember you can get the 5 stage and add 2 more di filters later

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 6 stage brs system and added a water saver 200gpd upgrade with a booster pump. Can not recommend this upgrade enough as it cuts down on waste AND makes rodi much faster than a normal unit. Well worth the investment.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back