Reef Dog 29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody, I have a Tailspot blenny in my 29gal biocube with a Clarkii CF, Lemon peel Angel, and a newly added Flame Hawkfish. Before I added the hawkfish, everyone in the tank was fine and very visible. Ever since the addition of the hawkfish, I have not seen the blenny out in the open and swimming. I found it nestled in a rock in camouflage mode not moving much last night, but today I cannot find it and I do not want to remove my rocks again. I shifted some of the LR in the tank to diffuse some aggression between the Hawk and Angel. The hawkish seems pretty docile for hawkfish terms, it just perches and cruises around. I feed the fish well and Supplement the tailspot and lemon peel with nori so I don't think its a starvation situation. Anyway, my question is if you think that the blenny is hiding because of the new addition waiting to see if its a threat or due to aggression. I have not seen the blenny eat in the last two days, and I'm also wondering how long it can go without food for before I start to get worried? I also upgraded the circulation pump from the stock 265gal/hr to a 400 gal/hr from Amazon, it doesn't seem like I'm getting the full 400 though probably around 350. Would this have anything to do with the hiding?

OP
OP
Reef Dog 29

Reef Dog 29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found it, a rock slipped and squished it. I think I may try another if I can find one. I'm planning on adding a royal gramma next week, ill see how that goes first though.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found it, a rock slipped and squished it. I think I may try another if I can find one. I'm planning on adding a royal gramma next week, ill see how that goes first though.
Sorry to hear about your Blenny, good luck on your next one.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a pretty small tank for a lemonpeel angel and clarkii clown.

Last edited:

HKfshkpr1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody, I have a Tailspot blenny in my 29gal biocube with a Clarkii CF, Lemon peel Angel, and a newly added Flame Hawkfish. Before I added the hawkfish, everyone in the tank was fine and very visible. Ever since the addition of the hawkfish, I have not seen the blenny out in the open and swimming. I found it nestled in a rock in camouflage mode not moving much last night, but today I cannot find it and I do not want to remove my rocks again. I shifted some of the LR in the tank to diffuse some aggression between the Hawk and Angel. The hawkish seems pretty docile for hawkfish terms, it just perches and cruises around. I feed the fish well and Supplement the tailspot and lemon peel with nori so I don't think its a starvation situation. Anyway, my question is if you think that the blenny is hiding because of the new addition waiting to see if its a threat or due to aggression. I have not seen the blenny eat in the last two days, and I'm also wondering how long it can go without food for before I start to get worried? I also upgraded the circulation pump from the stock 265gal/hr to a 400 gal/hr from Amazon, it doesn't seem like I'm getting the full 400 though probably around 350. Would this have anything to do with the hiding?

Isn't' the hawkfish a carnivore? It's natural that small fish will hide from it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back