Bluehead tilefish, blue face tile fish, starcki tilefish????

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get one or a pair. Just want to hear from the people had or keeping them.

your experience and do they really need sandbed or just hide in the rocks like a filefish goby ... etc. (I am afraid that my special grade sand would be too corse for them)

Thanks

07D086F7-358B-4112-BAAB-EE66D29025DE.jpeg

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've seen and kept other variety's of tile fish before. they can be tricky because that are a very high movement fish and need to eat alot to thrive. also what size tank are you rockin?

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen and kept other variety's of tile fish before. they can be tricky because that are a very high movement fish and need to eat alot to thrive. also what size tank are you rockin?
Prob in my 120. Already got 3 tangs, 7 bangaiis, 4 anthias, 2 filefish, six line, dottyback, two gobies and two shrimps.

some online say it might eat shrimps or invertes???

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t want to jinx myself, just like others say anthias needs to be fed multiple times through out the day, I always feed once with frozen mysis, they look healthy to me.

2-3 cubes for 20 fish.

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Don’t want to jinx myself, just like others say anthias needs to be fed multiple times through out the day, I always feed once with frozen mysis, they look healthy to me.

2-3 cubes for 20 fish.
It’s a fish I usually only recommend to an experienced Reefer so I’d say so long as you trust the source you would be okay. I personally haven’t notice any issues with my inverts but that being said I always restock my inverts every 6months

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back