Bought a wild colony. Any tips?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joedubyk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Joedubyk

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2019
Messages
795
Reaction score
999
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time buying wild in awhile. Info tenuis. I really hope color holds and it survives.
Screenshot_20200208-182101.png
 
That looks like it was from ASD, right? If it’s a freshly imported MC piece, I hope it holds its color for you too.
 
Put it in stable conditions with solid flow/lighting and leave it alone. It will more than likely look totally different a few months from now. Unless you can match the conditions it was receiving prior being tanked.
 
Is that the $599 piece?
 
Looks like they lowered the prices a little on this next round posted on aqua sd. Some different types on there too that I hope keep coming in more diverse.
 
If truly wild, moderate flow and bright lights which it’s accustomed to in the wild
 
That particular color morph I have had trouble with. It always wants to go green at the base and just a little purple in the tips and coralites near them. Let us know how it does! I would agree it will need strong and white light to keep it looking close to that pic. I might try one again this year.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new