BTA splitting

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, yes that's no problem, I'm in UK so I'm kinda excluded from majority of competitions/ giveaways :( thank you :)

OP
OP
Chela101

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, yes that's no problem, I'm in UK so I'm kinda excluded from majority of competitions/ giveaways :( thank you :)
If I win, I’ll send you the food it comes with. My little fishes don’t eat dried up food… my nitrates are .25ppm so I’m worried feeding something more than what I do. Will make my thing crash.. and idk what to do other than water change…

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I win, I’ll send you the food it comes with. My little fishes don’t eat dried up food… my nitrates are .25ppm so I’m worried feeding something more than what I do. Will make my thing crash.. and idk what to do other than water change…
Appreciate it, let me know competition link and ill post on your behalf :)

Vet reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I been having my rainbow BTA for quite some times now, since I had it. It has never split, now last night when we turned off our lights it was still intact, but in the morning when I went to go check out the tank and turn on the lights there was two! I always feed them everyday, but because one of my family member has been really sick and got a surgery I was out for two days and I wasn’t able to feed them and when I can back in the morning it has split. Can it be that the anemone thought there isn’t enough food and that’s why it did that for survival reasons? Also my water perimeters are stable always the same in the safe zone. I have included a before and after picture of my anemone

IMG_1517.jpeg 9AB9BE90-501D-4124-B1E4-A30B88A954EA.jpeg
Love the colours missy

merkmerk73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I been having my rainbow BTA for quite some times now, since I had it. It has never split, now last night when we turned off our lights it was still intact, but in the morning when I went to go check out the tank and turn on the lights there was two! I always feed them everyday, but because one of my family member has been really sick and got a surgery I was out for two days and I wasn’t able to feed them and when I can back in the morning it has split. Can it be that the anemone thought there isn’t enough food and that’s why it did that for survival reasons? Also my water perimeters are stable always the same in the safe zone. I have included a before and after picture of my anemone

IMG_1517.jpeg 9AB9BE90-501D-4124-B1E4-A30B88A954EA.jpeg

Your nems look great. Mine looks like a strung out heroin-addicted nem that I've had for about 4 months now while my other corals are mostly fine.

You're doing something right

Superd513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my anemone very infrequently, I've had it 3-4years now, it split on its own about 6 month's ago.
After researching more into causes, it's either really happy that it will want to produce more, or they can split due to being unhappy/ stress.
I'm still slightly Clueless but I would not recommend feeding every day, these guys are photosynthetic so they produce Thier own food, I would suggest feed every couple of weeks as a treat.
Just my thoughts
I feel like mine split because it was happy. It is always swelled up huge and wide open and the color is beautiful. My tank runs on the lower side of nutrients. But I can’t get them to level of so they constantly swing. But not a whole lot. I have a 30 gal aio. And I use bacto balance every few days. I used to do weekly water changes but now due to my overwhelming work schedule it’s once a month or 3 weeks

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back