OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do they grow for you, I have avoided it as I have heard it is a super slow grower.
I think things are pretty dialed in right now in my tank and it feels like growth is pretty good right now. I use to think it was a slow grower but I have seen a lot of growth over the last month that I haven't experienced before. If others are growing fast for you it might do the same but who knows, you know acros can be, hahaha

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PC Rainbow is a classic that has stood the test of time. It's a fast grower with beautiful colors. I could only imagine the price it would be if it was released in today's day and age.

Pc rainbow dec 9.jpg
I need some of this one. Gotta find me some locally. Beautiful, and great pic!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this one for some time now and when it's looking it's best, it's my favorite milli. When I had the tank issue it turned to a solid brown color but I am glad to see it's almost back to where it should be. The green polyps will turn a little more blue and it will get a bright orange ring right on the tips of the branch.

This milli is actually the closest thing I have seen that resembles the old Heaven and Hell milli.

Arc Ultra milli
Arc ultra milli Dec 10.jpg

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran out of my no3 test kit a little while ago but I had to go to the lfs last night, so I decided to grab one.

Test results this morning were

Alk 8.3 (want it around 9.5)
Po4 .018
No3 .2 or looked close to it.

AAD46401-1B2D-4B26-A10C-5F683D7B0883.jpeg

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran out of my no3 test kit a little while ago but I had to go to the lfs last night, so I decided to grab one.

Test results this morning were

Alk 8.3 (want it around 9.5)
Po4 .018
No3 .2 or looked close to it.

AAD46401-1B2D-4B26-A10C-5F683D7B0883.jpeg
so they really can show that color, I think I just like my test kit like the corals colored up. Been trying to get mine down from a lil above 10 (no algae issues and coral is growing).

That milli is stunning, you wouldn't happen to a have the snowcone prostrata tucked away in your tank would you?

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah just listen to what the corals tell you. You have good color and growth then let it be. Same for my result, some may start dosing nitrate but I have good color and growth so I don’t worry about it being low.

Is the snow cone similar to the Superman milli?

Last edited:

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah just Liston to what the corals tell you. You have good color and growth then let it be. Same for my result, some may start dosing nitrate but I have good color and growth so I don’t worry about it being low.

Is the snow cone similar to the Superman milli?

If it didn't come through typing correct, i was making a joke about myself not being able to get No3 down. I really want to but always get more pink.

the snowcone has almost seemed extinct, It was originally a fragfarmer piece, yours above is very close to how i remember it, it would also show purple. stole this pic from net.
sc.jpg

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it didn't come through typing correct, i was making a joke about myself not being able to get No3 down. I really want to but always get more pink.

the snowcone has almost seemed extinct, It was originally a fragfarmer piece, yours above is very close to how i remember it, it would also show purple. stole this pic from net.
sc.jpg
I don’t have that but it almost looks like the AquaSD Rainbow milli.

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

sc.jpg

I just got a frag of the Snowcone Postrata that came from RMF a few year ago and then grown in my friends tank. It is still around. Hopefully we can get that in circulation again. I know where you can get a frag if you are interested. My frag is below which I am hoping to turn into an amazing colony.
E9B78BCF-7BED-4568-9E57-2A41CB59B0A1.jpeg

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a thread a few months ago asking if anyone knew what this one was. I never got a definite answer on trade name or species. It's grown out a bit more so maybe someone can better answer it now. It's hard to capture it in a pic but on the very tip there is a bright blue polyp.
Green unknown Aug 27.jpg

I think @BigJohnny might have called this one correctly when he linked to the Reefbuilder's article about the Yellow Tipped Echinata (even though it's not an echinata, probably a tort imo). I've had mine for over a year and it stayed green with brown polyps until I moved it under high PAR (2 inches below surface under ATI Sunpower with Reefbrite LEDs). In it's new position, it developed the same colors as the Reefbuilder's article shows.

Here are pics of it in low light and then about 6-9 months later under high light.

8C061D1A-9C1D-4F93-822B-A7452BF984D4.jpeg

019276F7-54F8-4853-BEA3-3063AB92BFCB.jpeg

According to Jake Adam's article, this acro was released by ACI Aquaculture. I found mine at a LFS about the same time as the Reefbuilder's article was published.

I suspect your acro is the same one. Did you ever try moving it?

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

snakejacques

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this one for some time now and when it's looking it's best, it's my favorite milli. When I had the tank issue it turned to a solid brown color but I am glad to see it's almost back to where it should be. The green polyps will turn a little more blue and it will get a bright orange ring right on the tips of the branch.

This milli is actually the closest thing I have seen that resembles the old Heaven and Hell milli.

Arc Ultra milli
Arc ultra milli Dec 10.jpg
Man Bubba that is one sick milli

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think @BigJohnny might have called this one correctly when he linked to the Reefbuilder's article about the Yellow Tipped Echinata (even though it's not an echinata, probably a tort imo). I've had mine for over a year and it stayed green with brown polyps until I moved it under high PAR (2 inches below surface under ATI Sunpower with Reefbrite LEDs). In it's new position, it developed the same colors as the Reefbuilder's article shows.

Here are pics of it in low light and then about 6-9 months later under high light.

According to Jake Adam's article, this acro was released by ACI Aquaculture. I found mine at a LFS about the same time as the Reefbuilder's article was published.

Mines under pretty high par of around 425 but it still looks the same. Maybe needs even more par.

You should post this in the Christmas photo thread, even if you do not care about entering the contest. It is so perfect.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/december-2018-potm-contest-christmas-theme.518543/
Thanks for the suggestion. I may try and take a better pic and then enter it.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Man there are so many variations of this coral out there. It is probably the most renamed coral I have seen too, and rainbow is always thrown in there with the names. But each variation looks slightly different, I have no idea how much of it is tank related or just different specimens. I just got rid of my colony which looked more like an austera with big fat branches, grew so fast. I just saw the www yellow tip in a friends tank and it looked more like a tort than any other version I have seen and was mostly blue in his tank. Mine had lots of green in the branches and just blue tips with green/yellow ends. It would be cool to start a thread on all the different types. Your pic looks like tight clustered growth. I love how they always have the green pigment in the tips dripping down into the branch too.

I ended up putting a large canister of co2 media on my little skimmer but it hasn't really moved the ph but maybe .1, I as hoping for more but I am only using an old remora skimmer on my rubbermaid right now haha... Its probably letting air seep in from other areas besides the canister. I might try to get a different skimmer with more air draw to try and bring the ph up. I have always had the high at 8 and am curious to see if anything changes at a higher number. I am encouraged by your and a few others testimony about how well they work and the growth increase seen.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back