Bubba's SPS Journey

Sushitheshiba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of both of them side by side. The left one is PR Fruity pebbles and the right one is BC bubblebath unicorn

fruity pebbles and unicorn samething.jpg
How long have you had your bubblebath unicorn for? Those corals look awesome!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we get an update on your HW and all star when you have time pleasee??
I wanted to buy some more frags a month or so ago so I cut my HW down pretty bad. It's growing out again but it's not picture worthy right now.

I went and took a pic of the All star for you though
All star Dec 12.jpg

How long have you had your bubblebath unicorn for? Those corals look awesome!
I have had it a while. When I first put frags in my frag tanks I wouldn't feed the tank at all and I believe that stunted growth. I have been feeding them and growth seems to have picked up.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cody asked a few days ago what were my favorites and one of them is the BC Backdraft. I remember when I seen Adam post a pic a frag for sale in a pack and I thought no way in the world does it actually look that bright. I even messaged him about it. He said it's the real deal so I started bug him about sending me a frag. This thing is a real beauty and I can't wait for it to continue to grow. I got two little nubs starting to pop out that look like they will be stunning.

Don't mind the glue, I added it to make a smoother transition from plug to tile to make it look prettier in time, haha.

BC Backdraft

BC Back draft Dec 12.jpg

BC Back draft top down Dec 12.jpg

lillypads reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to buy some more frags a month or so ago so I cut my HW down pretty bad. It's growing out again but it's not picture worthy right now.

All star Dec 12.jpg

I have had it a while. When I first put frags in my frag tanks I wouldn't feed the tank at all and I believe that stunted growth. I have been feeding them and growth seems to have picked up.
Wow nice pic! Thanks bubba! How is the HW growing for you?

mace88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

All star Dec 12.jpg

Bubba how does this compare to the BC Space Laser? Mine is still small but looks similar to my BC piece. Got any updated pics of your Space laser?

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow nice pic! Thanks bubba! How is the HW growing for you?
It is a decent grower. A couple of the frags I cut a month ago I am still holding on to as they didn't want to receive them yet and the frag has almost encrusted the whole top of the plug.

Bubba how does this compare to the BC Space Laser? Mine is still small but looks similar to my BC piece. Got any updated pics of your Space laser?
Similar but different. I cut my original All star frag in half and put it in my "radion tank" to see what it would look like. The frag right next to it is the space laser and when viewed side by side they are pretty different. I took a pic of the space laser a couple weeks ago and posted it in there somewhere.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Cody asked a few days ago what were my favorites and one of them is the BC Backdraft. I remember when I seen Adam post a pic a frag for sale in a pack and I thought no way in the world does it actually look that bright. I even messaged him about it. He said it's the real deal so I started bug him about sending me a frag. This thing is a real beauty and I can't wait for it to continue to grow. I got two little nubs starting to pop out that look like they will be stunning.

Don't mind the glue, I added it to make a smoother transition from plug to tile to make it look prettier in time, haha.

BC Backdraft

BC Back draft Dec 12.jpg

BC Back draft top down Dec 12.jpg

Wow that really is nice!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, I went out and looked at them side by side and they look closer to the same than I thought, maybe they are the same.

I just told my wife I need to unfollow you. She goes, “are you tired of looking at all his nice stuff?” Lol
Next your going to have tanks all over the house filling them up with coral

Wow that really is nice!

I've seen the backdraft on his site. I never really gave it a second thought, but yours is insane!
I use to think the same thing about his site pic. It wasn't until I seen him post this pack for sale is when it caught my eye. The backdraft just glows!

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/clean-plug-captives-superpack-shot-two-ways.379999/

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love your thread, thanks for all the eye candy and info.

I wonder how backdraft compares to TSA Princess Peach or Vivid Confetti. [emoji102]
What kind of par does backdraft get and does it grow quickly?

Last edited:
OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your thread, thanks for all the eye candy and info.

I wonder how backdraft compares to TSA Princess Peach or Vivid Confetti.
emoji102.png

What kind of par does backdraft get and does it grow quickly?
Thank you!

I like both of those corals also but I personally like the backdraft way more. It’s starting to grow pretty good now.

I think about 400 par.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I also have BTA's in my tank, but didn't put them on an island. I just set up a little cube tank that I'm moving them to because they take up too much SPS real estate.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back