OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I also have BTA's in my tank, but didn't put them on an island. I just set up a little cube tank that I'm moving them to because they take up too much SPS real estate.
awesome!

Really filling in now with some colonies

Beautiful! I have bubbletips in my display reef too, but wasn't as smart to keep them cordoned off to their own rock

So many great sps it's hard to pick just one. The tank sure does compliment itself that's for sure.
Thanks Guys!

I was really worried about the anemones killing my corals so I made sure to keep them far away. I still wake up every now and then and find a baby one in my rock work but I take it off and trade it in for some store credit.

I tried to do the same with that giant pile of GSP on the other side but unfortunately I placed the rock island to close to the overflow and I now see it growing on it. I always keep it trimmed back from my main rock but never thought about the overflow :oops:.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cody asked a few days ago what were my favorites and one of them is the BC Backdraft. I remember when I seen Adam post a pic a frag for sale in a pack and I thought no way in the world does it actually look that bright. I even messaged him about it. He said it's the real deal so I started bug him about sending me a frag. This thing is a real beauty and I can't wait for it to continue to grow. I got two little nubs starting to pop out that look like they will be stunning.

Don't mind the glue, I added it to make a smoother transition from plug to tile to make it look prettier in time, haha.

BC Backdraft

BC Back draft Dec 12.jpg

BC Back draft top down Dec 12.jpg

The best thing about the glue is the base growth?!
I will post a pic I just took in my journal that exactly explains it!
A lot of people don't notice base flesh pre growth, the white lines around the edge flesh, they expend energy stinging the path around them.
Coraline slows them down! ;)
That will zoom across that! :)

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s everything doing from the rock slide?
It's doing good. I couldn't get the Christmas mirabilis to go back so it's in the frag tank.

The best thing about the glue is the base growth?!
I will post a pic I just took in my journal that exactly explains it!
A lot of people don't notice base flesh pre growth, the white lines around the edge flesh, they expend energy stinging the path around them.
Coraline slows them down! ;)
That will zoom across that! :)
lets hope so"

Is that a blue devil damsel in your tank Bubba?

austinpowers.jpg
None of those. I think you are referring to the chromis. I have had 6 of them now for about 1 1/2 years. None of them have ever killed each other off but it could be due to the amount of food I feed.

Reefpuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous tank!

Question...I was looking into getting a TCK New Dragon frag...so did a Google search and your thread popped up. Do you have one? I'm curious to see how it looks outside of TCK's website!

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's doing good. I couldn't get the Christmas mirabilis to go back so it's in the frag tank.

lets hope so"

None of those. I think you are referring to the chromis. I have had 6 of them now for about 1 1/2 years. None of them have ever killed each other off but it could be due to the amount of food I feed.
I saw the chromis. I guess the one that was facing the camera had a little damsel look to him lol.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous tank!

Question...I was looking into getting a TCK New Dragon frag...so did a Google search and your thread popped up. Do you have one? I'm curious to see how it looks outside of TCK's website!
I do have it still and I think it’s just coming into its own and starting to look good. It may need higher light than I give it as part of it is shaded and the best looking part is the side that gets the most light. I’ll take a pic for you.
What are the dimensions of your tank?
A standard 180 gallons. 6’x2’x2’

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have it still and I think it’s just coming into its own and starting to look good. It may need higher light than I give it as part of it is shaded and the best looking part is the side that gets the most light. I’ll take a pic for you.
A standard 180 gallons. 6’x2’x2’

Only using those 2 gyres?

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang dude!! The tank is so nice man and I can't believe you hide it from us so much!! :p ;) haha
Now it goes back into hiding, hahaha

It was almost all smashed to pieces. I was cutting some frags for farmerty yesterday and I had the whole rock pile on the right collapse. Some things got smashed up but most made it out alright. That pic was after I rebuilt it.

Only using those 2 gyres?
Only those two and the return pump. I run them at 100% power, alternating each other every two minutes. I do wish I had more flow in my display. It's funny as I use those same two pumps on my small frag tanks but run at a lower setting.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @bubbaque , man I bet you were having a panic attack when you felt/saw those rocks start to move! Glad everything for the most part was saved! Especially the tank!

How's the RRC Shazam doing? Do you have any other RRC pieces besides that one and pink caddy? I was looking at TCK and they have RRC Elektra and RRC Wowzer that both look really nice. I wish RRC was here in the US, it's always hard to judge the pieces that show up since they aren't all over the place to look at.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @bubbaque , man I bet you were having a panic attack when you felt/saw those rocks start to move! Glad everything for the most part was saved! Especially the tank!

How's the RRC Shazam doing? Do you have any other RRC pieces besides that one and pink caddy? I was looking at TCK and they have RRC Elektra and RRC Wowzer that both look really nice. I wish RRC was here in the US, it's always hard to judge the pieces that show up since they aren't all over the place to look at.
I don’t know if you remember my pic of it when I first got it but it didn’t seem to be the healthiest thing. I think because of that it has always been dormant. Maybe I need to go cut it to try and stimulate it to do something.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if you remember my pic of it when I first got it but it didn’t seem to be the healthiest thing. I think because of that it has always been dormant. Maybe I need to go cut it to try and stimulate it to do something.

Yeah I remeber it kinda looked like it had been through a rough time. I was just curious since I saw they posted a pic of it on Facebook today and I remembered you had one. I have a couple frags that have done that, just kinda stalled. Seems like even guys like Adam have this happen occasionally to frags. Here's the pic in case you didn't see it...

20181213_185011.jpg

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The colour on that Powder Blue is stunning @bubbaque Obviously a very happy and healthy fish!!!
Thank you! The powder blue is one of my favorite fish, I only wish it wasn't so aggressive.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back