Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A favorite of mine.

BC Honeycomb
Honeycomb Jan 14 1.jpg
I got a Honeycomb from Adam but didn't make it through shipping. Literally the only coral I've got from him (about 25 now) that didn't make it through shipping. Do you ever frag yours? If so I'd be interested!

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Honeycomb from Adam but didn't make it through shipping. Literally the only coral I've got from him (about 25 now) that didn't make it through shipping. Do you ever frag yours? If so I'd be interested!
Was it recently? He said last week it was a little browned out from moving it or something like that.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never cut mine but if interested I can. Send me a Pm.

Last edited:

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it recently? He said last week it was a little browned out from moving it or something like that.

Yeah it was recently, couple months ago. When I inquired about a replacement he said the same, that is wasn’t doing the best right now so he replaced it with something else.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you mind sharing what kind of filtration you're running on your frag tanks? Are they plumbed to your display or stand alone? Going to be building an sps frag tank and trying to get some ideas. Thanks

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you mind sharing what kind of filtration you're running on your frag tanks? Are they plumbed to your display or stand alone? Going to be building an sps frag tank and trying to get some ideas. Thanks
I don’t mind at all. All tanks are plumbed together. Right now I only use a skimmer for filtration. I use to grow Cheato but stopped about a month or so ago when nutrients were staying low without it. Cheato is very effective at reducing nutrients with a good light.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay cool. Wish I could do that but no way to plumb into my DT easily. Was hoping to find an example of a simple and successful standalone sps frag system here. I hear you on the chaeto. I have to dose a lot of NO3 and PO4 to keep a reading on my Triton tank.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay cool. Wish I could do that but no way to plumb into my DT easily. Was hoping to find an example of a simple and successful standalone sps frag system here. I hear you on the chaeto. I have to dose a lot of NO3 and PO4 to keep a reading on my Triton tank.
I think they can all be simple as long as you give it enough time for the tank to find its groove and don’t rush it along. The more you start adding stuff the more things can go wrong.

Man I’m just blown away by your stunning acros!
Thank you!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this coral. Do you have the Kenberry too? I lost my hyperberry colony in my fire/crash, but have the Kenberry now. Slow to take off though.
I do have the Kenberry but so far I find it looks really similar to the Hyperberry. How do you feel yours compares to your old Hyperberry?

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have the Kenberry but so far I find it looks really similar to the Hyperberry. How do you feel yours compares to your old Hyperberry?

Mine’s tiny and hasn’t taken off much due to some water hiccups I had a few months ago. However, is seems to show much more orange along with the red.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 54 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 54.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.2%
Back