OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously though I am running out of coral I want. There are still a few but not many.

Top of the list is RRC Jaw Dropper. I have been asking around lately who has one for sale and I came across a couple people but the frags don't look that great, especially for the price. I would love to see you buy it and see what colors you can get out of it.

I want another Mattv Rainbow envy since I lost mine. It was a beautiful coral that didn't need all blues to look good.

JF Frankie's Gumdrop but I worry it's the same as WWC Berry blast, which I already have.

I wanted the RRU Angry bird but I bought one 10 minutes ago from Peng when he posted one for sale.

Besides these I am too scared to buy all the corals you see under all blue with orange filters. To me they are beautiful pics but they are just off putting when it comes to actually wanting to buy. Pay $100's to receive a coral that looks nothing like the pic keeps me away from buying stuff like that.

Jen_h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously though I am running out of coral I want. There are still a few but not many.

Top of the list is RRC Jaw Dropper. I have been asking around lately who has one for sale and I came across a couple people but the frags don't look that great, especially for the price. I would love to see you buy it and see what colors you can get out of it.

I want another Mattv Rainbow envy since I lost mine. It was a beautiful coral that didn't need all blues to look good.

JF Frankie's Gumdrop but I worry it's the same as WWC Berry blast, which I already have.

I wanted the RRU Angry bird but I bought one 10 minutes ago from Peng when he posted one for sale.

Besides these I am too scared to buy all the corals you see under all blue with orange filters. To me they are beautiful pics but they are just off putting when it comes to actually wanting to buy. Pay $100's to receive a coral that looks nothing like the pic keeps me away from buying stuff like that.
I had to google the ones you were talking about and I can see why you want them, amazing pieces!
I see what your saying about the gum drop, I’m still a newbie in the acro world so I didn’t even know that wwc berry blast existed.
Day in and day out I get disappointed when I shoot Ty over a pic seeing what he thinks before I buy and 9 times out of 10 he either says two things, I have that or don’t waste your money. It looks nothing like that! So I definitely get it :)
Currently saving up to get my hands on a home wrecker, bc Hungs truly unbelievable and cb malifecent from Ty! Don’t have much room to work with anymore after hanging out with that guy to much....

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one on the right here looks like @bubbaque material. Haha! Still pretty wimpy size though.

20190119_225756.jpg

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you spoken to Thinh?
He was the first person I reached out to but I felt for size and color I could find better. Plus I was turned off when he said he was going to charge me shipping on a $1000 frag.

I had to google the ones you were talking about and I can see why you want them, amazing pieces!
I see what your saying about the gum drop, I’m still a newbie in the acro world so I didn’t even know that wwc berry blast existed.
Day in and day out I get disappointed when I shoot Ty over a pic seeing what he thinks before I buy and 9 times out of 10 he either says two things, I have that or don’t waste your money. It looks nothing like that! So I definitely get it :)
Currently saving up to get my hands on a home wrecker, bc Hungs truly unbelievable and cb malifecent from Ty! Don’t have much room to work with anymore after hanging out with that guy to much....
There are very few pictures I trust that have a solid blue background. I get it that most like to see their tanks in all blue, so do I but to takes pics in all that blue you need a filter and using the orange filter just adds colors you don't see with your eyes. I for one am not going to pay for colors I can't see unless I wear orange glasses.

Ty's collection is as good as mine. Hanging out with Ty you will be spending all your money on frags and will be living on the street with us soon, haha. Once you start buying high end frags it feels impossible to go back.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one on the right here looks like @bubbaque material. Haha! Still pretty wimpy size though.

20190119_225756.jpg
I messaged Dan also about the frags but I was so confused on how they are cut and honestly still am after he tried to explain it to me. See the two frags closest to the camera? I am confused if that whole thing is frag or if it 90% of what the frag is mounted to and only the colorful part of the top is the frag. It looks like a slice but is it all coral skeleton? The one on the right is cheaper than that super tall one so that is what makes me think it's not the actual coral. I am so confused, lol.

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was the first person I reached out to but I felt for size and color I could find better. Plus I was turned off when he said he was going to charge me shipping on a $1000 frag.

There are very few pictures I trust that have a solid blue background. I get it that most like to see their tanks in all blue, so do I but to takes pics in all that blue you need a filter and using the orange filter just adds colors you don't see with your eyes. I for one am not going to pay for colors I can't see unless I wear orange glasses.

Ty's collection is as good as mine. Hanging out with Ty you will be spending all your money on frags and will be living on the street with us soon, haha. Once you start buying high end frags it feels impossible to go back.

That’s a bummer. Have gotten some absolutely incredible pieces from him.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I messaged Dan also about the frags but I was so confused on how they are cut and honestly still am after he tried to explain it to me. See the two frags closest to the camera? I am confused if that whole thing is frag or if 90% is what the frag is mounted to and only the colorful part of the top is the frag. It looks like a slice but is it all coral skeleton? The one on the right is cheaper than that super tall one so that is what makes me think it's not the actual coral. I am so confused, lol.

Dude I was gonna type that same thing when I posted the pic. First, the pic isn't that great to begin with, but yeah I stared at it for like 10 mins trying to figure out what part of the mini colony those couple came from? I've never really seen anything like it. Almost like it was a super encrusted piece that he used a bandsaw on to shave it off the rock and then used a ton of glue. Still that doesn't really make sense. Lol. I'm just as lost.

Almost looks like it encrusted on something synthetic like acrylic?

Jen_h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sigh it’s to late...my most expensive purchase so far was the wwc budgie smuggler. It was a impulse buy. Instantly regretted it. That’s why it’s currently residing in Tys tank. I was to chicken to keep it in my own lol!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely stunning thread!
Thanks Andy!

Sigh it’s to late...my most expensive purchase so far was the wwc budgie smuggler. It was a impulse buy. Instantly regretted it. That’s why it’s currently residing in Tys tank. I was to chicken to keep it in my own lol!
Don't regret it. I have seen it in person and it's stunning. WWC had two colonies in their 900 gallon and the one in lower light looked better. I have a frag but it has not grow at all what so ever.
What sb reef bars do you use. I have t5 and looking to add led bar.
https://sbreeflights.com/sbar-supplemental-lights/18-26-sbar-supplemental-5050-bar-lights.html

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, still not much green in yours? I can't decide which way I like it better.
Mine is starting to table pretty good so you can’t really see the base. The base is pretty green now but non in the upper tabling part, which is what you see in the top down.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a very nice coral. How did you come up with that one.
Yep it’s from Cherry corals. Most pics make it look meh but TSA has two giant colonies and after seeing it in person I was sold.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 50 28.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.5%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back