Bubba's SPS Journey

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bubba check with Shannon Mcdonald for the RRC JD. I got mine from him for a reasonable price. His came from Thinh.
RRC Jawdropper.jpg

Also another wish list coral might be the Elegant Corals Valentina. I'm getting a frag of this in about 2 weeks, but Julian rarely cuts these. If I can geti it to grow, maybe we could do some trading.

EC Valentina (Julians colony)
EC Valentina.jpg

Colonies are now 2” frags? I love this hobby lol.

That Valentina is delicious ...

AvaS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bubba have you seen the picture of this new upcoming release from WWC. I know it is an antic shot and haven’t seen other pics of it yet but wanted to know ur thoughts. Do you think it looks like one of the many other pretty rainbow acros in the hobby at the moment?

C1CF6098-CEDD-4CE3-9737-30418E5A0511.png

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to say but just by looking at the picture it's pretty wild looking and over done imo. I will be able to tell you for sure Thursday as I am meeting @Fishfinder there to trade some corals and we will both have a look at it.

AvaS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to say but just by looking at the picture it's pretty wild looking and over done imo. I will be able to tell you for sure Thursday as I am meeting @Fishfinder there to trade some corals and we will both have a look at it.
Thanks so much! I am super interested to hear about how it looks in person so let me know! Maybe even snap a cellphone pic if u can lol!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Golly gee! The color on these is impeccable. This thread is making me wanna get into high end sps once I get my halide. Do you have any tips for color?
Thank you very much!

Once you get into high end sps there is no going back, so be careful, lol.

Tips for color can be tricky as it really does come down to looking at your corals. Colors too dark - give more par or reduce nutrients. Colors too light - reduce par and start feeding more. Try to ignore numbers that come up on nutrient test kits. Ignoring those numbers forces you to "read" your corals and keeps you away from chasing numbers.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bubba have you seen the picture of this new upcoming release from WWC. I know it is an antic shot and haven’t seen other pics of it yet but wanted to know ur thoughts. Do you think it looks like one of the many other pretty rainbow acros in the hobby at the moment?

C1CF6098-CEDD-4CE3-9737-30418E5A0511.png
I went and checked it out this morning and I would say someone went a little too far on the Lightroom sliders.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went and checked it out this morning and I would say someone went a little too far on the Lightroom sliders.
LOL, too bad, but not surprising...

Back