Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Jan 21.jpg
Feel free to come cast some voodoo magic on me! ;)

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man don't get me started on Budman's pics...I would never buy from him.
Same! Glad you feel that way too Bubba. His coral photos are more artistic renditions then actual photos... They are liberal in the saturation and color manipulations from those that are familiar with Lightroom and Photoshop offerings. [emoji23]

Makes great pics for Instagram for followers but not realistic for buyers expectations of what they'll actually receive. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s disappointing to hear. Have bought a lot of corals from him over the years and colors on his corals are absolutely incredible in real life.
Once you start using lightroom it's very easy to see what others do to pics. Things start sticking out like a sore thumb.

I am glad you were happy with what you got from him because that is the question I use to wonder about his customers. Until he changes his pics I just can't be one of them.

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally understand. He grows under 50/50 coral+ and blue+ with Reefbrites. Pretty sure most of his pics are just with the reefbrites on. We’ve bought A LOT of corals over the years from pretty much every big vendor to all the “big dogs” on the sps marketplace page and I can tell you, his coral colors are incredible, just like Big E’s, they are fully saturated. He really just needs to take photos with the T5’s instead of the Reefbrites.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally understand. He grows under 50/50 coral+ and blue+ with Reefbrites. Pretty sure most of his pics are just with the reefbrites on. We’ve bought A LOT of corals over the years from pretty much every big vendor to all the “big dogs” on the sps marketplace page and I can tell you, his coral colors are incredible, just like Big E’s, they are fully saturated. He really just needs to take photos with the T5’s instead of the Reefbrites.
Yeah it's his pics that kill it for me. If he took them under all his lights like Big E does, I would order from him but with his current pics it's hard to tell what my coral will truly look like.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who don't know there is a coral grow out contest and this is my frag entry this month
Seriously?!?! How do expect us ordinary folk to compete with this....
You got to up your coral growing game, haha. This thing is growing so fast I am going to have to frag it before the year is up...
WOW, just WOW I just skimmed though 138 pages! man let me tell you this, im surprised my keyboard still works.. from DROOLING SO MUCH ! amazing work and great progress. well done my friend!
Aw, very kind of you! Thanks for all the "likes" also.

Here is a mop that should help with the drool.
giphy.gif

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who don't know there is a coral grow out contest and this is my frag entry this month
You got to up your coral growing game, haha. This thing is growing so fast I am going to have to frag it before the year is up...
Aw, very kind of you! Thanks for all the "likes" also.

Here is a mop that should help with the drool.
giphy.gif

lol I think you could frag it and still win the grow out contest. You might as well start picking your frag pack out at this rate

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bubba check with Shannon Mcdonald for the RRC JD. I got mine from him for a reasonable price. His came from Thinh.
RRC Jawdropper.jpg

Also another wish list coral might be the Elegant Corals Valentina. I'm getting a frag of this in about 2 weeks, but Julian rarely cuts these. If I can geti it to grow, maybe we could do some trading.

EC Valentina (Julians colony)
EC Valentina.jpg

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey Bubba check with Shannon Mcdonald for the RRC JD. I got mine from him for a reasonable price. His came from Thinh.
RRC Jawdropper.jpg

Also another wish list coral might be the Elegant Corals Valentina. I'm getting a frag of this in about 2 weeks, but Julian rarely cuts these. If I can geti it to grow, maybe we could do some trading.

EC Valentina.jpg

He seems to have some really nice corals. Julian is who I got my MattV Rainbow Envy from

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RRC Jawdropper.jpg

EC Valentina.jpg
I ended up grabbing a RRC JD yesterday so my search is over.

The Valentina looks amazing! Reminds me a lot of the Hungs rainbow.

I love to trade corals. Message me when your ready.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RRC Jawdropper.jpg

EC Valentina.jpg
How long have you had your JD? Look great!

Nice, where did you source the JD from?
From Tim (Aquavista99)

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had your JD? Look great!

From Tim (Aquavista99)
I've had it for about 2 months. It's been really slow going, but I had an issue with a rusted magnet that caused a setback with all of my frags. I resolved that and things are starting to take off so hopefully it will join the party soon. Post a pic of yours when you get it. Looking forward to seeing it.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 186 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back