Bubba's SPS Journey

AvaS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went and checked it out this morning and I would say someone went a little too far on the Lightroom sliders.
:(:( Disappointing but not surprising like everyone else said. Thanks so much for checking it out and letting me know!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:(:( Disappointing but not surprising like everyone else said. Thanks so much for checking it out and letting me know!
You would be surprised how different things look in person compared to the all blue pics people share.

Some people think they can’t color coral when they are trying to compare their corals to blue light pics they see online. In reality their corals are colored just as well but they are trying to achieve photoshopped pics.

For people who buy corals because of the pic they seen only to be disappointed when their coral arrives and have the vendor tell them it’s because of shipping stress or just different lighting, I say it’s nonsense and it shouldn’t be accepted! I would stop supporting vendors like this and support the ones who show true honest pics.

Last edited:

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would be surprised how different things look in person compared to the all blue pics people share.

Some people think they can’t color coral that well when they are trying to compare their corals to blue light pics they see online. In reality their corals are colored just as well but they are trying to achieve photoshopped pics.

For people who buy corals because of the pic they seen only to be disappointed when their coral arrives and have the vendor tell them it’s because of shipping stress or just different lighting, I say crap and it shouldn’t be accepted! I would stop supporting vendors like this and support the ones who show true honest pics.
Preach brother! I couldn't agree more!

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went and checked it out this morning and I would say someone went a little too far on the Lightroom sliders.

Anyone who owns and uses Lightroom can spot that a mile away. I laughed to myself when I saw that picture and thought “yeah right.”

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A favorite of mine.

BC Honeycomb
Honeycomb Jan 14 1.jpg

Nice natural looking photo ;)

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Some people think they can’t color coral that well when they are trying to compare their corals to blue light pics they see online. In reality their corals are colored just as well but they are trying to achieve photoshopped pics.

For people who buy corals because of the pic they seen only to be disappointed when their coral arrives and have the vendor tell them it’s because of shipping stress or just different lighting, I say it’s nonsense and it shouldn’t be accepted! I would stop supporting vendors like this and support the ones who show true honest pics.

This should get a lot of likes and become a sticky post.

There should be a regulation to indicate, when selling coral, how the picture was taken (with orange filter, lighting, post processed,...).
At least the less familiar people would know that something will be off when looking at it with the naked eye.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubba, good day. Read all 140 pages! Thank you that you pass on experience. You have very beautiful akropors. I from Moscow. I know that your subject is watched by many admirers of akropor from Russia. Thanks and prosperity to your hobby.
Thank you for the kind words and taking the time to read all 140 pages!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great thread. Really enjoy looking at these beautiful healthy corals. Great job! JP
Thank you very much!

Bubba it was awesome meeting you yesterday! Can’t wait to get with you for more frags.
Same to you. Your new build looks amazing.

Hey Bubba you going to RAP? Ty told me if I want to remain his friend I have to go and cherry pick for him :)
I do plan to go. It's always fun to see the new stuff on the market and see almost every coral you can think of in person. I hope Ty goes with you.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new macro lens a couple days ago so I have been messing around with it. It mainly only good for showing off the tips of corals but it's nice to see all the detail.

I got this coral a while ago and placed it in a really bad spot. It was being killed by two corals so I decided to remove it from the display a couple weeks ago and place it in my frag tank. I have always liked the color in my display but now this coral is quickly rising to one of my favorites. Nice yellow and purple tips with a baby blue color deep down in the body. I have not seen anything like this one before.

TCK Balrog
Balrog Jan 25.jpg

Last edited:

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back