Bubba's SPS Journey

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am cooking a frag of voodoo magic.....I had no clue it could look like that! Looks great!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am cooking a frag of voodoo magic.....I had no clue it could look like that! Looks great!
The pictures you see online don’t do it justice. I was never sold on this coral because of that until I went to the lfs and seen their colony in person. I bought a frag on the spot.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures you see online don’t do it justice. I was never sold on this coral because of that until I went to the lfs and seen their colony in person. I bought a frag on the spot.

Same -- except I saw a few frags from other people and realized it had a lot more potential than their pictures showed. Kinda like how you see so many brown fox flames but we know it *can* be deep red.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is Melafix the same as Expel? I tried Expel twice recently. It wouldn’t kill pods at recommended dosage. I’d like to get away from using Bayer. But haven’t found anything I trust as much.

Not very scientific but they smell the same and Melafix Marine lists only one active ingredient--Melaleuca at 1.25%. They both seem to work the same as well.

From Rakie's experience Melafix Pond (5% )kills everything dead.

Based of that it's likely a heavier dose or longer time will work better for you with Expel.

As more people use either product the dosage and dwell time should get nailed down better.

Last edited:

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the biggest colony i've seen of the Voodoo magic. It's high on my list, and surprisingly affordable (or at least it used to be if it's expensive now!)

Biggest colony. Lol.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubba, what are you using for Calcium & Alkalinity supplementation? I am currently using ESV with good results but I am burning through it much faster than BRS DIY Two-Part and the ESV is much more expensive than the BRS. I am hesitant to switch back to BRS because my colors are much better using ESV (possibly from the added trace elements in ESV).

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubba, what are you using for Calcium & Alkalinity supplementation? I am currently using ESV with good results but I am burning through it much faster than BRS DIY Two-Part and the ESV is much more expensive than the BRS. I am hesitant to switch back to BRS because my colors are much better using ESV (possibly from the added trace elements in ESV).
I use a calcium reactor and dose kalkwasser.

A calcium reactor is so unbelievably simple to run and adjust.

JSW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not very scientific but they smell the same and Melafix Marine lists only one active ingredient--Melaleuca at 1.25%. They both seem to work the same as well.

From Rakie's experience Melafix Pond (5% )kills everything dead.

Based of that it's likely a heavier dose or longer time will work better for you with Expel.

As more people use either product the dosage and dwell time should get nailed down better.
Thanks. I grabbed a bottle at Petsmart. Haven’t tried it yet. I’ll start with Bubba’s recommenced dose of 2 mil per cup. I’d like to finally stop using Bayer.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is in!!

front.jpg

overflow.jpg

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone has to do the pic with their kid in the tank. lol
655EE08A-A5BC-453D-A481-81FB6101A40A.jpeg

Oh sure... Put the smaller kid in. Where's your daughter? Tank is probably just 100 gallons. [emoji12]

Jealousy rages within me man. That's an awesome tank! Congrats bud!

Everyone... Enjoy the FTS now. It'll be the last Bubba will ever let us see one until 2030. [emoji2960]

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow Bubba, what an absolutely stunning glass box and stand!! This is going to be an epic build :D

Everyone... Enjoy the FTS now. It'll be the last Bubba will ever let us see one until 2030.
Maybe if we bully him hard enough we might get another one with some water and rocks to tide us over till 2030 hahaha

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 38 27.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 33 23.7%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back