Bubba's SPS Journey

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the deal is good you could probably put two mp40's near the corners on one side of the tank and put the other mp40 in the center on the opposite side so you have full coverage.
I think they're currently asking $700 for the trio or $250/each. All have new wetsides within the last year...I'm not sure I know what's a good deal on them?

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they're currently asking $700 for the trio or $250/each. All have new wetsides within the last year...I'm not sure I know what's a good deal on them?
I am not sure if that's a good price either but for that price I would go with the gyres and it will be cheaper.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you remove all the stuff/particle/funk that gets trapped in the cheato mat?
It settles in the bottom on my refugium. There is so much life in my refugium. Remember the baby banggai cardinals I had in there? They are still in there and I’ve never fed them once. They live off the life in there. My refugium is not pretty but it’s pretty cool to go out there at night and see all the life in there.
And what light would that be? I’m using a red/blue grow light and my fuge is only growing GHA and my chaeto Ball is pretty much stagnant.
Your chaeto won’t be stagnant with this light. I bought this light after d2mini did a video where he used this light and his chaeto grew so thick he was putting stuff on top of the chaeto to see how much it could hold.

Also I think maturity of the refugium helps with the hair algae growing in there as mine did the same at first.

https://www.amazon.com/MarsHydro-Sp...i=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=mars+aqua+300w

McPikie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing your pic it reminds me of this other one I have that I have no idea what it is either. Now I think it's the WWC yellow tip.
wwc yellow tips aug 27.jpg

wwc yellow tips tip aug 27.jpg

Well, I was in my LFS this weekend, only went in to buy cheato, and guess what I spotted hidden away in the corner of the frag rack

2018-09-10_09-37-14 by Phil Cookson, on Flickr

:)

Properly stoked.

reef life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It settles in the bottom on my refugium. There is so much life in my refugium. Remember the baby banggai cardinals I had in there? They are still in there and I’ve never fed them once. They live off the life in there. My refugium is not pretty but it’s pretty cool to go out there at night and see all the life in there.
Your chaeto won’t be stagnant with this light. I bought this light after d2mini did a video where he used this light and his chaeto grew so thick he was putting stuff on top of the chaeto to see how much it could hold.

Also I think maturity of the refugium helps with the hair algae growing in there as mine did the same at first.

https://www.amazon.com/MarsHydro-Sp...i=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=mars+aqua+300w
This light was recommended to me from bubbaque about a month ago. It grows chaeto!!! Thanks.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost didn't post the updated pic because of the coralline algae being so red in the background. Some people look at coralline as to how accurate a pic is but that type is that color and you can see the standard color near the bottom of the coral.

Last edited:

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost didn't post the updated pic because of the coralline algae being so red in the background. Some people look at coralline as to how accurate a pic is but that type is that color and you can see the standard color near the bottom of the coral.
I have some of that too in my tank. It glows! Makes it look like I oversaturate my pics. [emoji23][emoji23]

I think its funny we have the same reservations of posting pics with it.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some coralline/plating algae that actually fluoresces under actinics, weird stuff.

In my new build I have three spots of bright pink coralline that fluoresce under the 420nm moonlights. At first glance I thought it was a hitchhiker coral on the live rock, but it is definitely coralline algae. Really beautiful actually.

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back