Bubba's SPS Journey

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A while I would say, maybe 9 months. It sat and didn’t do anything for a long time and then all of a sudden it woke up.

This is a pic from June.
8CFDBD38-2300-436F-B73F-6D7C76EAD31D.jpeg

Its really not. Somethings grow and others don’t. Look at that frag of the TSA Rainbow fusion I posted yesterday. I’ve had it a few months now and it’s done nothing.

I’ve been raising alk after watching the brs video to see if I can get some of that insane growth, lol.

My rainbow fusion did the same. It encrusted at first and now it just stalled out. It doesn’t move

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still running t5 on one tank and radions on another? Just curious on your thoughts between the two tanks.
Yes I still have t5's on two tanks and radion+t5 combo on another.

I have never used leds as a main light source before so I was very nervous on how my corals would react. The first few weeks I put lower end corals in to test it out. I started to notice the corals in that tank were starting to fluoresce and show colors like they never did before. Basic stuff like PC Rainbow was starting to look amazing! I started putting all the corals I really liked into that tank to see what would happen. Overall they all started to look better. Farmerty says he avoids videos like the plague ;Dead but he and I were having a conversation about leds and out of excitement of what I was seeing the radions do, I started sending him short little videos of the corals to show him what I was seeing, lol.

After having t5's for several years now, I personally like the radions better. If they weren't so much money, I'd have them on all my tanks.

Last edited:

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I still have t5's on two tanks and radion+t5 combo on another.

I have never used leds as a main light source before so I was very nervous on how my corals would react. The first few weeks I put lower end corals in to test it out. I started to notice the corals in that tank were starting to fluoresce and show colors like they never did before. Basic stuff like PC Rainbow was starting to look amazing! I started putting all the corals I really liked into that tank to see what would happen. Overall they all started to look better. Farmerty says he avoids videos like the plague ;Dead but he and I were having a conversation about leds and out of excitement of what I was seeing the radions do, I started sending him short little videos of the corals to show him what I was seeing, lol.

After having t5's for several years now, I personally like the radions better. If they weren't so much money, I'd have them on all my tanks.
After torturing me with videos, he then makes me buy two Radions myself to try over the frag tank. Worst friend ever! [emoji12]

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bubba, are you using any rox carbon or micro bubble on the system?
I do not. I had a bad experience in the past with the rox carbon so I’ve been scared to use it. I need to put some in a bag in the sump though as I am getting some yellowing in the water that I can notice up against my white wall.

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not. I had a bad experience in the past with the rox carbon so I’ve been scared to use it. I need to put some in a bag in the sump though as I am getting some yellowing in the water that I can notice up against my white wall.
Have you tried the nano bubble method?

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back