Bubba's SPS Journey

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For them to grow more. They are to small to see in a 6 ft tank in a FTS. I'll take one in a few more months.
Don't rush the man! Its like working out all winter for that perfect summer bikini body... You want to show it off when YOU are ready to... [emoji4]

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In time I will take one to share. I take a FTS every now and then to see what it looks like through my camera and it's hard to see corals from far away. It's different if you have a small tank and frags actually look like something. Standing far enough back to take a pic of a 6' tank, it makes even small colonies seem tiny.
I don't like looking at a mediocre FTS, so I don't want to show one that I consider mediocre right now.

Don't rush the man! Its like working out all winter for that perfect summer bikini body... You want to show it off when YOU are ready to... [emoji4]
Well said!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But on with some coral pics!

I picked this up from @Coronus in a trade a couple weeks ago.

TGC Dragon slayer
TGC Dragon slayer Sep 14.jpg

I got this Aussie Echinata from Adam in the last battlebox.
Aussie echinata Sep 14.jpg

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I thought he would prefer the banana hammock route, not the bikini. Then again you’re his friend... so maybe you approve

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your mediocre is everyone else's outstanding :p:p
That's kind of you to say but it's really just because I take close up pics. I feel if most people would do that, theirs would look the same. I look at so many peoples threads who take nice pics and I wish I could get colors like theirs.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you think about it, when you stand 4 feet away from the tank you don't see all the little colors you do as a close up pic. When I see @trido or @FarmerTy tank, I am jealous of the size of their corals.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That's kind of you to say but it's really just because I take close up pics. I feel if most people would do that, theirs would look the same. I look at so many peoples threads who take nice pics and I wish I could get colors like theirs.

I feel the exact same way, it is why I only like buying corals that have a good size colony to look at and usually I wont till there are multiple examples.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought he would prefer the banana hammock route, not the bikini. Then again you’re his friend... so maybe you approve
That's what friends do... Get each other to try new things. I'm trying out some Radions thanks to Bubba and he's going to try out a banana hammock thanks to me. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what friends do... Get each other to try new things. I'm trying out some Radions thanks to Bubba and he's going to try out a banana hammock thanks to me. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
No need to try it out. I wear it everyday already!:D

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you think about it, when you stand 4 feet away from the tank you don't see all the little colors you do as a close up pic. When I see @trido or @FarmerTy tank, I am jealous of the size of their corals.
I cheated Bubba... I brought those colonies fron my old tank. [emoji4]

I actually use that 4' rule test in my display. If the coral doesn't look good from 4' away, doesn't go in the display. Hey, that's another good saying. Doesn't look good 4 feet away, doesn't go in the display! [emoji23]

There are corals I enjoy in my frag tank and there are corals I enjoy in a display. The list is not mutually exclusive to each other.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back