OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bubba, do you have Instagram by chance?
I actually made one about a week ago to share pics and short videos. I haven't posted anything yet but I plan to start.
bubba___que is my instagram page.

Bubba I can vouch that sharing mediocre FTS is super liberating.
Yours is far from mediocre! Your are getting that nice grown out look that I am waiting on.

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually made one about a week ago to share pics and short videos. I haven't posted anything yet but I plan to start.
bubba___que is my instagram page.

Yours is far from mediocre! Your are getting that nice grown out look that I am waiting on.
Lol on one side! Keep the posts and pics coming man. I love watching these sweet pieces grow out.

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bro, mind refreshing my memory on what you feed? And since you’re here always @FarmerTy , mind telling me what you feed. You’ve got angels as I do so I’m curious.

Bubba, how many fish are you feeding with your concoction. Thinking of starting to make my own. I get Rods at cost, but I think doing what you do will still save me some coin.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use tilapia, shrimp and scallops and sometimes I add clams.
I go to the grocery store to the seafood counter and ask for the stuff I want. I go home and put it in a blender and blend it until it's the texture I want. Put it in a ziplock until frozen and then I chop it up to cubes. It turns out to be about a 1/4 of the cost if I bought it already made.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bro, mind refreshing my memory on what you feed? And since you’re here always @FarmerTy , mind telling me what you feed. You’ve got angels as I do so I’m curious.

Bubba, how many fish are you feeding with your concoction. Thinking of starting to make my own. I get Rods at cost, but I think doing what you do will still save me some coin.
I waited to respond just so people wouldn't think I was buzzing around Bubba's thread like a fly at a bubbaque.

Nothing special here... Just Rods, PE Mysis, blood worms, live black worms, and tons of NLS pellets. Pellets get fed 3x day with autofeeder and then I feed a ridiculous amount of frozen at night and sometimes during the day if I'm around. Nori every other night.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just curious Bubba, what fish you have. Do you have a copperband and if so how well does it eat your homebrew?
I have 32 total fish
6 tangs (4 in the display and 1 in each frag tank)
1 anthias
1 bi color blenny
1 mandarin goby
6 banggai cardinal (including the 2 babies)
2 clowns
4 wrasses
1 blue spot jawfish
2 rainfordi gobies
1 orange spot goby
1 copperband butterfly fish
6 chromis

The copperband didn't eat anything for the first couple weeks but now it eats the homemade stuff.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bubba how’s our new favorite coral doing in ur tank? My space laser has covered over the glue completely and looks crazy amazing in blue light

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bubba how’s our new favorite coral doing in ur tank? My space laser has covered over the glue completely and looks crazy amazing in blue light
The Space Laser is doing good, it's still encrusting. The new encrustment is a bright blue color, which I like a lot. I'm ready to see it as a colony, lol.

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 32 total fish
6 tangs (4 in the display and 1 in each frag tank)
1 anthias
1 bi color blenny
1 mandarin goby
6 banggai cardinal (including the 2 babies)
2 clowns
4 wrasses
1 blue spot jawfish
2 rainfordi gobies
1 orange spot goby
1 copperband butterfly fish
6 chromis

The copperband didn't eat anything for the first couple weeks but now it eats the homemade stuff.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

mrpizzaface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I still have t5's on two tanks and radion+t5 combo on another.

I have never used leds as a main light source before so I was very nervous on how my corals would react. The first few weeks I put lower end corals in to test it out. I started to notice the corals in that tank were starting to fluoresce and show colors like they never did before. Basic stuff like PC Rainbow was starting to look amazing! I started putting all the corals I really liked into that tank to see what would happen. Overall they all started to look better. Farmerty says he avoids videos like the plague ;Dead but he and I were having a conversation about leds and out of excitement of what I was seeing the radions do, I started sending him short little videos of the corals to show him what I was seeing, lol.

After having t5's for several years now, I personally like the radions better. If they weren't so much money, I'd have them on all my tanks.
what T5 bulbs are you supplementing the Radions with? I am planning on using Radions with T5 and not sure which T5 to use.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what T5 bulbs are you supplementing the Radions with? I am planning on using Radions with T5 and not sure which T5 to use.
Pretty much any t5 bulb will work, it just depends on how blue you want it to look. I went with 2 blue + and 2 actinic.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey bubba
What lens do you use in the camera?
what kind of configuration?
orange filter?
I use a Nikon D3000 with the 18-55 ml lens and the Nikon 55-200 lens. I am not sure what you mean by what kind of configuration. I don't use any filters 99% of the time, except for the rare all blue pic.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 94 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back