Bubba's SPS Journey

lol, thanks! The secret sauce is don’t dose anything! Lol
Hah! It's funny, sps require you to keep your hands out of the tank and not tinker. But in this hobby we always want to tinker. It's the ultimate test in patience and will power lol.
 
I have noticed though since I threw my chaeto away because I was tired of cleaning it, my no3 went from close to 0 to 10 and po4 from 0 to .02. Things have darkened and has gotten better polyp extension.

I re-added chaeto to keep my no3 from continuing to rise but will for sure keep it higher than it was after seeing positive results.
 
I have noticed though since I threw my chaeto away because I was tired of cleaning it, my no3 went from close to 0 to 10 and po4 from 0 to .02. Things have darkened and has gotten better polyp extension.

I re-added chaeto to keep my no3 from continuing to rise but will for sure keep it higher than it was after seeing positive results.
Yea there is definitely a balance there. If my nitrate goes above 1 and phosphate above .06, everything will get a little too dark in color.
 
I am pretty excited about this frag. This is the Bonfire from Battlecorals. I have had it about a month and it has finally started to lay down a base.
Bonfire Mar17.jpg
 
I have noticed though since I threw my chaeto away because I was tired of cleaning it, my no3 went from close to 0 to 10 and po4 from 0 to .02. Things have darkened and has gotten better polyp extension.

I re-added chaeto to keep my no3 from continuing to rise but will for sure keep it higher than it was after seeing positive results.


How do you clean cheato?
 
I am pretty excited about this frag. This is the Bonfire from Battlecorals. I have had it about a month and it has finally started to lay down a base.
Bonfire Mar17.jpg
Yeah that piece looks like it has good potential. Nice work bubba!
 
Bubbaque, in an earlier post you said your nutrients were close to zero/zero and you don't add any supplements. What do you feed your beautiful acros? If my nutrients get anywhere close to zero/zero, some of my acros will start to stn (under both T-5s and leds).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new