Bubba's SPS Journey

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, thanks! The secret sauce is don’t dose anything! Lol
Hah! It's funny, sps require you to keep your hands out of the tank and not tinker. But in this hobby we always want to tinker. It's the ultimate test in patience and will power lol.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed though since I threw my chaeto away because I was tired of cleaning it, my no3 went from close to 0 to 10 and po4 from 0 to .02. Things have darkened and has gotten better polyp extension.

I re-added chaeto to keep my no3 from continuing to rise but will for sure keep it higher than it was after seeing positive results.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed though since I threw my chaeto away because I was tired of cleaning it, my no3 went from close to 0 to 10 and po4 from 0 to .02. Things have darkened and has gotten better polyp extension.

I re-added chaeto to keep my no3 from continuing to rise but will for sure keep it higher than it was after seeing positive results.
Yea there is definitely a balance there. If my nitrate goes above 1 and phosphate above .06, everything will get a little too dark in color.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty excited about this frag. This is the Bonfire from Battlecorals. I have had it about a month and it has finally started to lay down a base.
Bonfire Mar17.jpg

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How do you clean cheato?

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty excited about this frag. This is the Bonfire from Battlecorals. I have had it about a month and it has finally started to lay down a base.
Bonfire Mar17.jpg
Yeah that piece looks like it has good potential. Nice work bubba!

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubbaque, in an earlier post you said your nutrients were close to zero/zero and you don't add any supplements. What do you feed your beautiful acros? If my nutrients get anywhere close to zero/zero, some of my acros will start to stn (under both T-5s and leds).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.1%
Back