Bubba's SPS Journey

I see Bubba posted up his Lisa’s Rainbow. The only frag I’ve made of this beauty. Here is my pic of the growout frag
A5D2B42A-BBB6-455C-9362-690B8E706D59.jpeg
Looks like vivids insanity without the tricked out lighting
 
And a pic of it in the tank.

pink highligher Day 1 - Oct 18 by Raul Rivas, on Flickr

Looking good, Bubba. I’ve seen frags of these put up for sale on CC’s website over the last couple of months. I’m looking forward to seeing you grow this one out to see what a colony looks like and what colors you pull out of this one. I couldn’t make myself pull the trigger on one of these due to the price tag, so I’ll live vicariously through you (as I do with many of your pieces)!!!
 
I have only bought from them at local swaps. Someday I’ll get over there if they’ll let me.. my tank is still not cranking. Poor polyp extension on some, and poor color on others. I’m wondering if I don’t have a bug issue. I did have .15 ppm copper and now it’s at .04. It may take a few more months for stuff to recover.
 
I have only bought from them at local swaps. Someday I’ll get over there if they’ll let me.. my tank is still not cranking. Poor polyp extension on some, and poor color on others. I’m wondering if I don’t have a bug issue. I did have .15 ppm copper and now it’s at .04. It may take a few more months for stuff to recover.
Keep doing water changes and it will correct itself.

love your signature btw.
 
Hey Bubba, I remember reading you use Sicces pumps for the back wall of your tank. What model do you use or am I just imagining things?
 
Hey Bubba, I remember reading you use Sicces pumps for the back wall of your tank. What model do you use or am I just imagining things?
Yep you are imaging things, lol. I only have ecotech mp40's and a mp60 on the tank.
 
Me too! It took mine a 1.5 years just to start to get upward growth!
I’ve had mine for 11 months and all it’s done is encrust, but it looks like there is a tiny new branch starting at the base.
 
I’ve had mine for 11 months and all it’s done is encrust, but it looks like there is a tiny new branch starting at the base.
Actually I got it this past January, so 9 months.
F667E454-89B8-4E3E-B84B-48A853F67255.png
8EAA6BA4-F57F-4BC4-B2E9-127414A8295A.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new