• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bulkhead Wrench

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2019
Messages
2,193
Reaction score
1,454
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I saw a picture, can't find it now that I need it.
Would the person making these please contact me.
I would like a "special".
Vinny
 
Yes, in LI, NY.
Looking for 2 - 1" & 1 - 1.5" bulkhead sizes.
Something 2.5 - 3 inches high so I can grab it with my big mits.
 
Yes, in LI, NY.
Looking for 2 - 1" & 1 - 1.5" bulkhead sizes.
Something 2.5 - 3 inches high so I can grab it with my big mits.

Schedule 40? I don't think I have 1 and 1.5" bulkheads around the house to measure the nuts. Are you able to measure the size wrench opening needed? I might be able to find it online.
 
Neither do I. Might be able to get that later this week.
 
This was a quick thing I made so I could tighten some bulkheads in an overflow. Needs a little tweaking but is this roughly what you are looking for? I will dig through my box of plumbing and see what size bulkheads I have.

IMG_3416[1].JPG
 
OK, no worries, my trip to the source has to be postponed due to a scheduled cataract surgery requiring a Covid test & self quarantine till done.
 
Shirak,
got the measurements this morning: Actual taken with calipers, nothing added for clearances.
1 inch nut-- 501mm wide & 60mm thick.
1.5 inch nut-- 693mm wide & 92mm thick.
2 inch nut-- 844mm wide & 74mm thick.
Would need 2 pieces of the 1 inch & 1 piece each of the others.
Question, is it possible to offset the handle or the open end upwards roughly 30 degrees?
 
Shirak,
got the measurements this morning: Actual taken with calipers, nothing added for clearances.
1 inch nut-- 501mm wide & 60mm thick.
1.5 inch nut-- 693mm wide & 92mm thick.
2 inch nut-- 844mm wide & 74mm thick.
Would need 2 pieces of the 1 inch & 1 piece each of the others.
Question, is it possible to offset the handle or the open end upwards roughly 30 degrees?

Do you mean 50.1 and 6.0? millimeters? I think your off by a factor of 10. Interesting. I found an 1" bulkhead and the nut is 52mm but I can use your measurements and just add a mm. 30 degree angle between the junction of the handle and the wrench head should be doable. Let me whip up something rough so we are on the same page.
 
Had to go look @ calipers. You are correct. These old eyes did not see the decimal point.
 
Not sure which way you want the offset so I took a couple photos. Rough design atm
First one has the head angled up by 30 degrees. Second has the handle 30 degrees bent but on the same plane as the head.
IMG_3896[1].JPG
IMG_3898[1].JPG
 
Was thinking more along the lines of the 1st diagram where the head is angled up.
I am going to trust you on exactly what angle to use. 30 degrees could be too much & I don't have a protractor to double check.
Thanks, Vinny
 
Was thinking more along the lines of the 1st diagram where the head is angled up.
I am going to trust you on exactly what angle to use. 30 degrees could be too much & I don't have a protractor to double check.
Thanks, Vinny
These for getting into an external overflow that has a rim around the top lip?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new