Buy Today! THE NEW Orphek OR 120/ 90 /60 - Bars LED Lights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JVU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Orphek,

I have 2 Kessil AP700s over a Red Sea Reefer 750 (160g display), but I’m considering adding LED bar lights in front of and in back of the AP700 to reduce shadows, similar to the example you’ve shown but a bit longer tank.

Would 4 of the Orphek mounting arms work for mounting the 2 AP700s along with 2 OR 150’s (which I know you are still working on)? I would think the weight would be fine since they support the Atlantik V4’s which are much heavier. What about the options of where to put mounting screws for hybrid builds like this? Also, how far out from the back of the tank can your mounting arms reach?

I’m concerned about color separation (I’m sensitive to it) so I’d be interested in using a diffuser, even though I know it reduces the light output. Are you planning any options for this? Also do you have any recommendations for or against the inexpensive privacy film some users have mentioned?

As another member asked, what is the wavelength of the Orphek Azurelite flashlight? I have one (I like it) and it would be helpful to know which of the LEDs it is for comparison in building a custom bar light.

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a huge fan of LED's but my experience with these lights and follow up support has not been the best. You might want to read back through the thread and check some of the photos while you are debating.

This is a completely unfair response as the design JDowns has shown would NOT result in the problems you have had with the lights. I understand you have not had a great experience but to be fair you chose 60 degree lenses and expected that somehow totally different colours would mix.

I don’t see how Orphek deserves to lose business due to your experience with them.

Last edited:

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek I really hope the or150 comes out soon! My wife surprised me and purchased the Red Sea Reefer XXL750 so I’ll need the or150 in a few months not in two years like I had planned lol

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek I really hope the or150 comes out soon! My wife surprised me and purchased the Red Sea Reefer XXL750 so I’ll need the or150 in a few months not in two years like I had planned lol
Still working on this .

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Orphek , It would appear you have left this thread....
When will we see the 150? And what color LED is in the Azure flashlight?
Some how I not revived email about new comments :) . We still working in the 150cm we did not found the correct power supply so we decided to change the Pcb design insted . Hope soon it be ready . The azurelit is blue / cyan

JVU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some how I not revived email about new comments :) . We still working in the 150cm we did not found the correct power supply so we decided to change the Pcb design insted . Hope soon it be ready . The azurelit is blue / cyan

Thanks for the replies! What about the other questions I had above regarding the mounting arms and the diffuser options?

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies! What about the other questions I had above regarding the mounting arms and the diffuser options?
Mounting arm you can use our mounting arm for the Atlantik , diffuser allways can be a good option if wish to mix better the color . This is the way of LEDs and especially with bar but the reef day mostly should come with blue sky. Same as in the Atlantik ch 1 will not look good without channel 2 and 3. Same for the bar reef day will look good with blue sky .

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a completely unfair response as the design JDowns has shown would NOT result in the problems you have had with the lights. I understand you have not had a great experience but to be fair you chose 60 degree lenses and expected that somehow totally different colours would mix.

I don’t see how Orphek deserves to lose business due to your experience with them.
So do you work for them, or are you just good friends?

I don't know why you think they would "lose business" over my response? Orphek says that my lights look great. They even posted photos of other customers tanks to emphasize how great their product is.

I did not imply that JDowns design would give him the any results. I just told him my experience was not great and to read other peoples experiences while he weighed his decision on lighting.

What is not fair is to point at me for the lens or product choice. I chose to deal directly with the company because I am not a lighting expert and I wanted expert opinion. I did not choose the lens or layout. I simply gave the company my tank specs, told them what I wanted, and asked them if they could make it happen. They said they could. They promised an even PAR spread at a specific K (see the image below). I completely went with exactly what the company recommended. (The 120 freshwater planted). We had an email conversation specifically about the lens. I recognized that they are the experts, and it was easy to take their advice to go with the 60 degree lens for my specific tank.

I personally feel like I did not get what I was promised in PAR or with K values, but it appears that they feel like I did. Below is a photo of the stats on the light I purchased. There is also an image of one of the lights I received and an image of it shining on a wall from approximately 30" away. The other two lights I purchased are identical.

The build quality on my lights is fantastic in my opinion. I am just not as enthusiastic about the performance....

orphek spectrum.png

orphic 120.jpeg
color pattern.jpeg

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do you work for them, or are you just good friends?

I did not imply that JDowns design would give him the any results. I just told him my experience was not great and to read other peoples experiences while he weighed his decision on lighting.

What is not fair is to point at me for the lens or product choice.

orphek spectrum.png

orphic 120.jpeg
color pattern.jpeg

Not trying to start an argument but to me it certainly seemed as though you were trying to sway another buyer off his choice when clearly your experience would not apply.

And mate you chose to buy the product with those lenses and colours nobody made you and it is obvious that they would not mix. I don’t think that you should have been told they would mix though so I’m with you on that one. As for par, no product can possibly produce similar par near the edges of the light as it can closer to the centre so not sure why that’s an issue.

As for my association with Orphek there is literally none other than being a future customer.

prhoades2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. We hope the 150 will be available soon also...
Thanks for the info on the Azurelight, I have one and love it.

prhoades2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue LED Multifunctional Flashlight Azurelite For Coral Night Feeding Colors Health Checking And Illumination - High Luminance - Powerful Focusing Beam - Convex Optic - 5 Watt Lifetime - 3 Modes

Amazon.com

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to start an argument but to me it certainly seemed as though you were trying to sway another buyer off his choice when clearly your experience would not apply.

And mate you chose to buy the product with those lenses and colours nobody made you and it is obvious that they would not mix. I don’t think that you should have been told they would mix though so I’m with you on that one. As for par, no product can possibly produce similar par near the edges of the light as it can closer to the centre so not sure why that’s an issue.

As for my association with Orphek there is literally none other than being a future customer.
"Not trying to start an argument"
Thanks for clarifying. It does have that feel.

"but to me it certainly seemed as though you were trying to sway another buyer off his choice when clearly your experience would not apply." I am not at all concerned whether Orphek gets sales or loses sales. If my information is not applicable, it will not sway a buyer. The pages I referred him to have posts from light bar owners discussing lights that blended well for them and lights that did not. Lots of information about light spacing and color blending. My experience with the light bar and posts after it are where the majority of discussions about light spacing and lens choice are found. Those pages also give a person information that can help form realistic expectations of the light as well as the manufacturer.

"And mate you chose to buy the product with those lenses and colours nobody made you" I am not sure what your point here is. It just feels like blame, mixed with a little demeaning. I was told by Orphek experts that the specific combination was what was needed to meet my strict requirements for color and PAR.

"it is obvious that they would not mix"
Tell the experts at Orphek. I tend to agree. I have some LED experience and I feel like I should have known better. I am a still a little embarrassed and defensive about it. Orphek posted that the lights look great but that didn't help much.

"I don’t think that you should have been told they would mix though so I’m with you on that one." I appreciate your support. Sucks to be lied to. I guess that since the lie prompted a money transaction then technically I was cheated. I am disappointed with Orphek and a little ashamed about being gullible.

"As for par, no product can possibly produce similar par near the edges of the light as it can closer to the centre so not sure why that’s an issue." You may be right. This BRS video posted on Orphek.com at minute 4:47 shows a light doing it within 14%. At the time of my purchase it was pretty convincing information. However, the video begins with a disclaimer that should not be overlooked.

Continuing with "so not sure why that’s an issue." It is only an issue because the company's promise of even PAR spread was a purchase point for me.

"As for my association with Orphek there is literally none other than being a future customer." Moving forward, please respectfully allow me to voice my purchase and ownership experience. In turn, if the time comes that you chose to make a purchase from the Orphek company and wish to share that experience, I will be respectful toward your voice.

It helps everyone, even the vendor, when we have a better idea of what to expect.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A52262A5-2FC6-4743-BF81-A199309B65F1.png

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DF2CAB1E-F6CF-4643-9E4F-F60B4DDF7F33.jpeg
Or 120 in left at test , going to corals farm

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1687E7DA-A174-4455-82EB-99E1C83F721C.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back