Buy Today! THE NEW Orphek OR 120/ 90 /60 - Bars LED Lights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have just ordered a 90cm Blue Sky to supplement my ATI Sirius led, my tank is 90cm front to back...
Has anyone found a mounting bracket that'll mount a single bar on a rimless/open top tank? I'm looking at the mounts for the Giesseman Pulzar led bar, l reckon they could be modified to mount an Orphek bar.
HI Manics1
orphek mount arm work as well for the OR Bar led

https://orphek.com/anti-rust-aquarium-light-mounting-arm-kit/

Orphek-aquarium -led -lighting-mounting -arm-kit_3575.jpg

Manics1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any images with the bar on one of these mounts? I feel they're a little bulky for one bar... Also the price, approx 80eu compared to 16eu.

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any images with the bar on one of these mounts? I feel they're a little bulky for one bar... Also the price, approx 80eu compared to 16eu.
Yes this to hold the high wight of the Atlantik and it cost us about 50$ to ship express so the price is high comper to mount arm you can find in eBay or amazon .
7CBB8AD8-9E62-49B6-8A09-23913A310FAA.jpeg

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance of custom length?

180cm/6 foot is a very common standard length for aquariums. I want to light my reef with 5 of your OR lights but OR120 is not quit long enough. Adding the OR60 and OR90 would do the trick but would nearly double the price (out of my budget for sure).

OR150 would be perfect for me and many reef tanks.. especially with custom colours you already offer for a VERY reasonable $5.

BuvRahl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The original lights look similar to Ap700's? Anyone know what he's using here before the supplemental lightning was added?

Orphek OR series are the coolest LED Lighting Bars for aquariums.
For optimal SPS/LPS coral growth, color and illumination, replacing T5/T8 lighting technology for aquariums.

Orphek OR 120 Bar LED Aquarium Lighting.jpg

Hey guys.
Just thought I would send you thru a photo of our australian coral import using your lighting - our corals LOVE them
Thanks
Matt

What are the avaliable sizes?
OR 120 - 120cm /48" /
OR 90 - 90 cm / 35" /
OR 60 - 60 cm /24" /

What is the price?

OR 120 - 120cm -US160$
OR 90 - 90 cm -US140$
OR 60 - 60 cm -US 120$

Does the price include shipping?

Yes - Free shipping worldwide express door to door

Do you except PayPal or Credit Card?
Yes - we will send you a Paypal invoice and you can pay with your Paypal account or credit card.

How can I Order
Email us to: [email protected]
or go to this link and fill the forum https://orphek.com/contacts/

and a sales representative near your location will contact you soon for advice.

LED-BAR-24-inch-LED-Orphek-OR-60-1600x1060.jpg
Aquarium-LED-lighting-Orphek-OR-120cmjpg-1600x1060 2.jpg

Check out our OR 120, 90 & 60 LED Bars versatility! We have 5 Spectrums Available:

Reef Day Light

Full Spectrum Day Light 18,000K (380nm- 700nm ) for both marine or reef aquariums, with SPS/ LPS or soft corals.

Freshwater Planted
Full Spectrum Day Light 7000K (380nm- 750nm ) for fresh water & planted aquariums.

Blue sky
Blue /Cyan Spectrum (450-500 nm) for better coral growth & color and fluorescence.

UV/Violet
UV/Violet (380- 440nm) for maximum coral growth & color and fluorescence.

Refugium & Grow Light
Full Spectrum Grow Light is the most complex spectrum for macro algae or other flourish plants.

• DO YOU WANT TO SEE MORE DETAILS?
        OR 120, 90 & 60 – Reef Day Light

The Full Spectrum Day Light 18000K (380nm- 700nm ) is developed for both marine or reef aquariums, with SPS/ LPS or soft corals. Check out the graphs!

OR120-90-60-Reef-Day-Light-led-layout-and-spectrum-1060x1060.jpg

OR 120, 90 & 60 – Freshwater Planted
        The Full Spectrum Day Light -7000K (380nm- 750nm ) is also developed for both fresh water & planted aquariums. Check out the graphs!

OR120-90-60-Freshwater-Planted-led-layout-and-spectrum-1060x1060 2.jpg

OR 120, 90 & 60 – Blue sky

The Blue /Cyan Spectrum (450-500 nm) is developed for better coral growth & color and fluorescence. Check out the graphs!

OR120-90-60-Blue-sky-led-layout-and-spectrum-1060x1060.jpg

OR 120/90/60 – UV/Violet

The UV/Violet (380- 440nm) is developed for maximum coral growth & color and fluorescence. Check out the graphs!
        OR120-90-60-UV-Violet-led-layout-and-spectrum-1060x1060.jpg

OR 120/90/60 – Refugium & Grow Light

The Full Spectrum Grow light is the most complex spectrum for macro algae or other flourish plants. Check out the graphs!

OR120-90-60-Refugium-Grow-Light-led-layout-and-spectrum-1060x1060.jpg

WHAT CAN I DO WITH 5 DIFFERENT SPECTRUMS AND 3 DIFFERENT SIZES?
Remember back in the days of the T5s where you could customize your tank by grouping T5 bars with many different spectrums to reach the optimal color of your choice?

Now you can do same but with LED technology! Orphek has developed for you 5 different spectrums ! Not only that. We are offering you 3 different sizes of bars.

The number of options to build your very own combination is huge!

Also, if you paid close attention to these products you will see that the spectrums are coming from our successful Atlantik LED solution!

• Achieve a Kelvin temperature between 18k to 25k by combining Reef Day Light (18,000K) with Sky Blue Spectrums
  • Achieve that deep blue/purple actinic look that causes coral to fluoresce and show color that are not visible in the higher range of the visible spectrum by combining Sky Blue with Violet/UV Spectrums
  • Achieve a warm shallow sunlit reef and extend the range from 10K to 18K by combining Reef Day Light (18K) with Freshwater Planted (7000K) Spectrums
  • One more thing! If you like to take amazing photos of your corals and share them, Reef day 18,000K will render you amazing pictures.
  • Build the most tecnological filtering systems for your reef aquarium with the perfect refugium light!
DO YOU NEED MORE DETAILS BEFORE PURCHASING?
Here you can have all the specifications:

Color/Materials

• Light Bar Unit Body Material: Grey high quality extruded aluminium housing/Tempered glass cover
Dimensions available

• OR 120: Length: 47.2″(1200mm)/Width: 1.97″ (50 mm)/Height:1.97″(28.8 mm)

• OR 90: Length: 35.4″(900mm)/Width: 1.97″ (50 mm)/Height:1.97″(28.8 mm)

• OR 60: Length: 23.6″(600mm)/Width: 1.97″ (50 mm)/Height:1.97″(28.8 mm)
Weight

• OR 120 Bar Light Unit Weight: 4.4lbs (2kg)/Power supply Weight: 1.1 lbs (0.5kg)

• OR 90 Bar Light Unit Weight: 5.5lbs (2.5kg)/Power supply Weight: 1.1 lbs (0.5kg)

• OR 60 Bar Light Unit Weight: 2.2lbs (1kg)/Power supply Weight: 1.1 lbs (0.5kg)

Electrical Parameter

OR120: Input : Voltage:100V-240V AC .

Output : Voltage :36V-65V DC . Current :1A

Power Consumption: 65W+/_5%.

Power Factor >95%

Frequency: 50 to 60Hz.

OR90: Input : Voltage:100V-240V AC .

Output : Voltage :56V-105V DC . Current :500mA

Power Consumption: 45W+/_5%.

Power Factor >95%

OR60: Input : Voltage:100V-240V AC .

Output : Voltage :36V-65V DC . Current :500mA

Power Consumption: 35W+/_5%.

Power Factor >95%

CHECK WHAT COMES WITH YOUR LIGHT! (INCLUDED)

• 59″ (1.5m) Power cord with switch

• power supply

• Stainless steel hanging kit

• Driver

• Fan-less IP65 power supply

• 2 Installation Options: Hang Kit /Mounting brackets

Orphek OR Product page click this link :https://orphek.com/or-bar-led-light/

UK Reef with OR 120 UV/violet Bar
orphek_bar_or_120_UV_violet-1446x1060.jpg

Aquarium_LED_light_violet_Purple_-UV--1600x901.jpg

Sky Blue and UV / violet

actinic-reef-bar-1600x976.jpg

Orphek-OR-90-UV-Violet-1413x1060.jpeg

Sky blue and other Leds light
https://orphek.com/orphek-or-120-reef-bar-led-light-blue-sky-spectrum/
Orphek-Bar-Aquarium-LED-lighting-1413x1060.jpg

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance of custom length?

180cm/6 foot is a very common standard length for aquariums. I want to light my reef with 5 of your OR lights but OR120 is not quit long enough. Adding the OR60 and OR90 would do the trick but would nearly double the price (out of my budget for sure).

OR150 would be perfect for me and many reef tanks.. especially with custom colours you already offer for a VERY reasonable $5.
Hi Jase4224, we are working on 150 cm

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 Atlantik and OR blue sky in the middle

C2989590-2B53-4F79-86BB-D0CE99AD868D.jpeg
0B679DF9-D24A-417C-A2CC-10D74FA18318.jpeg
AB5A0170-DF90-4F2F-9658-7160B893B780.jpeg
6F87EFC3-12F2-449C-905D-B043468EA00D.jpeg

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I upgraded my reef lights I was on the fence between Orphek and Radion's. I went with the Radion because it would network with my reeflink but I really wanted to try the Orphek because of the great things I have heard about their spectrum and even coverage. So, when it came time to upgrade my lights on my freshwater tank I contacted them. My previous lights were by Beamworks and just took up too much space. I told them what I wanted, what my par readings were, and the importance of even light and spectrum blend. They recommended 3 freshwater light bars with a 60 degree lens. I confirmed all my requests and went with exactly what they suggested. I was excited to have a killer lighting system to start moving toward a cleaner look. Check out the results. The first image is the old Beamworks and the second is the new Orphek's.
beamworks.jpeg
This is the Orphek below (same camera same settings). What do you think? Upgrade? Total and even coverage? I am just really disappointed. None of the things I asked for. Par readings from 50 to 160. Definitely not an upgrade.
Orphek.jpeg

I emailed the sales person James, some images as well as par readings of 160 in the bright yellow areas and 50 in the corners. I pointed out the lack of color mixing. I asked him if this is really what I should expect and what I needed to do to get the coverage I was promised. He told me that he didn't see a problem and that the carpet was going to look great when it grew in. I felt pretty much blown off. I wrote back with more detailed photos and explanations. No word yet. I am interested to see if this is really the best they can do. More so, if they are even willing to address the issue now that they have my money.

Apart from raising your lights there is one more thing you can do that will help that is extremely cheap and easy to do.

Look for stick on privacy screen from your local hardware or department store. It will come as a roll and is basically just a big sticker that is clear but diffused. I believe it’s made for shower glass or anywhere you have glass and want privacy. I find it in the bathroom section for only $10 for a big roll way more than you need.

I have used this on DIY LEDs it works perfect for diffuser and definitely blends the light from different coloured LEDs.

Just cut it to size and stick it over the glass or acrylic on your Orphek strip light. It will help and you will lose some PAR but as pointed out you will still have more than enough.

If you don’t like it then just peel it right off it won’t leave anything behind and only cost you a few $$.

Next time order 120 degrees.

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey orphek...that mounting arm worries me a little bit...for RIMLESS tanks I'b be concerned about it cracking the glass...you only have those 2 screw points up against one side of the glass...look at the radium mounting arms for an example of a setup I would not worry about...they have a pad and a flat piece for a wide dispersion of the pressure...and second for a rimmed tank such as I have - it looks like those screw points would be ?just under the rim ? Again,,,it's not giving me confidence that its very solid and secure......

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apart from raising your lights there is one more thing you can do that will help that is extremely cheap and easy to do.

Look for stick on privacy screen from your local hardware or department store. It will come as a roll and is basically just a big sticker that is clear but diffused. I believe it’s made for shower glass or anywhere you have glass and want privacy. I find it in the bathroom section for only $10 for a big roll way more than you need.

I have used this on DIY LEDs it works perfect for diffuser and definitely blends the light from different coloured LEDs.

Just cut it to size and stick it over the glass or acrylic on your Orphek strip light. It will help and you will lose some PAR but as pointed out you will still have more than enough.

If you don’t like it then just peel it right off it won’t leave anything behind and only cost you a few $$.

Next time order 120 degrees.
I tried a different light diffuser with some success. Hung the light higher, I am sure that there are a lot of work arounds. I was just hoping to get what I had paid for or to have orphic fix the light so that it would preform to their standards.

I wish I had ordered a much wider angle lens, but I specifically asked their recommendation to give me the most even color and PAR at the bottom of my tank and they assured me that the 60 degree lenses were the best choice. By the time my lights are far enough away from the source that the color is mixing, there is not much left as far as PAR.

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard so many good things about Orphek's lights and have seen so many photos of nice looking tanks that I was excited about buying from them. I contacted the company and after several emails, I purchased exactly what the company recommended for my tank.

My lights just don't preform as expected. (The opposite of what was promised.) The company tells me that the lights look great and has refused to acknowledge an issue. They have also refused to respond to my emails. Here is what the light looks like shining on a white wall from 3 feet away. Would you be happy with this?
color pattern.jpeg

My PAR readings fluctuate by more than 3x along the length of this 4 foot light. Look at the color blend and tell me if you agree with Orphek about how good they look.

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard so many good things about Orphek's lights and have seen so many photos of nice looking tanks that I was excited about buying from them. I contacted the company and after several emails, I purchased exactly what the company recommended for my tank.

My lights just don't preform as expected. (The opposite of what was promised.) The company tells me that the lights look great and has refused to acknowledge an issue. They have also refused to respond to my emails. Here is what the light looks like shining on a white wall from 3 feet away. Would you be happy with this?
color pattern.jpeg

My PAR readings fluctuate by more than 3x along the length of this 4 foot light. Look at the color blend and tell me if you agree with Orphek about how good they look.

Is that a custom colour mix? It’s s bit weird how the white is only in the middle with the blue on the outside. If you get another light bar with the opposite pattern it will probably look good.

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a custom colour mix? It’s s bit weird how the white is only in the middle with the blue on the outside. If you get another light bar with the opposite pattern it will probably look good.
Thanks, it is just the standard freshwater 120 light bar. I got three of them. They all have the LED's lined up in the same pattern, so side by side, you just get more of what you see in the posted photo.

I lined the center one up in the opposite direction of the other two, but the ends are pretty similar, so there was not much difference. Definitely not the 6700k they advertise. My initial thought was to get more lights until I had enough to make it blend. It is what another guy on the forum did. After thinking about it, I would rather just get what I paid for.

The light was built overseas and shipped directly to me. I think that if they had tested it in house first, they would have seen that the lights that they were sending me didn't match up to the posted standards, and I would have ultimately received what was promised. As it is, the upgrade I had hoped for, now has all the shortcomings that I told them I had with my old lights as well as some new deficiencies.
OR120-90-60-Freshwater-Planted-led-layout-and-spectrum.jpg

Above is what is was promised through the website. I was also promised the same for my specific sized tank through email correspondence, and was promised a homogeneous light spectrum. Unfortunately, what you see in the photo is what I got. Is there a chance this is a homogeneous/uniform color at any K? I am feeling kind of cheated. How do I get the lights I paid for?
color pattern.jpeg

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at the placement of LEDs on those strips I honestly don’t see how you get those colours on the wall. Because the outside edges are blue in your pic yet the Orphek site shows white LEDs on the far sides.

Last edited:

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jase4224 any link to the privacy stuff you're talking about? Amazon, HomeDepot, Lowes? Sounds great! I might get some and run tests with PAR meter.
Thanks,
Todd

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back