Buyer beware mp10 quality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Windirmere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently decided to sidegrade from a nero5 and old 2012 mp10, to two brand new mp10qd's.
One functioned flawlessly the other a complete lemon.
The non functioning mp10 wetside's impeller did not move freely, and required a full disassembly and reassembly. I could not see what was stopping it from moving but after reassembly it could rotate freely.

The lemon mp10 would also not connect to mobius or even show up. After trying multiple resets I opened it up to make sure the blue tooth chip was set. At this point everything looked fine but the cradle it self was not soldered, or the solder was broken.

At this point I reached out to echotech and was re routed to another company. I waited four days and contacted the company I originally purchased them from and got re routed to another supplier.
The 1st day it didn't work I ordered a mp10 driver set with express delivery.
Received the new driver, installed it installed my existing rf chip and now mobius at least sees it but will not update it from legacy.

I feel completely defeated, and like I got tricked by a scammer. I was so happy with my mp10 from 2012 that I thought he why not upgrade and then smacked in the face. I wish I had gone with sicce or tune or even jaebo.

And now I'm going to try to return it and get my money back, and I'm out an extra 100 bucks for the 2nd driver and 50 bucks for express shipping.

So beware, ecotech's premium price tag is no longer backed up by quality.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently decided to sidegrade from a nero5 and old 2012 mp10, to two brand new mp10qd's.
The non functioning mp10 wetside's impeller did not move freely, and required a full disassembly and reassembly. I could not see what was stopping it from moving but after reassembly it could rotate freely.

The lemon mp10 would also not connect to mobius or even show up. After trying multiple resets I opened it up to make sure the blue tooth chip was set. At this point everything looked fine but the cradle it self was not soldered, or the solder was broken.

At this point I reached out to echotech and was re routed to another company. I waited four days and contacted the company I originally purchased them from and got re routed to another supplier.
Received the new driver, installed it installed my existing rf chip and now mobius at least sees it but will not update it from legacy.

I feel completely defeated, and like I got tricked by a scammer. I was so happy with my mp10 from 2012 that I thought he why not upgrade and then smacked in the face. I wish I had gone with sicce or tune or even jaebo.

And now I'm going to try to return it and get my money back, and I'm out an extra 100 bucks for the 2nd driver and 50 bucks for express shipping.

Some will point to the unholy alliance of Ecotech, BRS and Betram capital. Others will point to labor and supply chain difficulties in manufacturing. I will just point to the fact that I would never have spent that much money on a powerhead in the first place.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh. They aren't bad imo. Shoulda went with the tunze stream3 over the mp40 I should have.
Don't even use mine or my octopulse 4 anymore. All waveboxes baby. Lol.
D

ChuckTownReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you bought them brand new. Why would you buy a new driver? It's called a defective product return it and get another one. Everything that is electronic has defective units everyonceina. You should have started a return as soon as you knew it didn't work not play Mr. Fix it. Waisting your money

OP
OP
W

Windirmere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got the new driver thinking I could get it online and working properly faster expecting a bit of a run about. But now I'm just trying to return the one unit and go with something else. Good times.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lemons happen. Always had great service from them. No wires in the tank and the fundamentally minimalist design still has them on the top of my list.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some will point to the unholy alliance of Ecotech, BRS and Betram capital.
Meanwhile at Bertram HQ:
tumblr_nye94f0ixo1upfu3oo1_400.gif

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The store you bought it from, what is their return/repair policy as something doesn’t sound right, you initially contacted ecotech but was that the procedure? If it was then yes I agree it is bad service but if you bypassed the store when they should have been your first contact, then I can see why you have had the runaround.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 I agree that any authorized seller of the product. Specially ecotech. A name brand. Should take it back and replace it off the shelf.
Ecotech will prob just replace it to the stores inventory.
D

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 I agree that any authorized seller of the product. Specially ecotech. A name brand. Should take it back and replace it off the shelf.
Ecotech will prob just replace it to the stores inventory.
D
Hence why he people are getting broken ones. +1 on Tunze!!

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe my 2019 Nero 5 got stuck on a red light on the controller and spins freely. Everything looks good, sent it back and ecotech wanted $145 for the repair.

quality? My jebaos are still working since around 2015

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wow. Ecotech now gets re routed to which company? The three letter one? It was fairly easy getting help from Ecotech before, that’s not good to hear.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The store you bought it from, what is their return/repair policy as something doesn’t sound right, you initially contacted ecotech but was that the procedure? If it was then yes I agree it is bad service but if you bypassed the store when they should have been your first contact, then I can see why you have had the runaround.
If you want service, go with Tunze and don’t look back.
Tunze lol! I got two ato pump died on me lol

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some will point to the unholy alliance of Ecotech, BRS and Betram capital. Others will point to labor and supply chain difficulties in manufacturing. I will just point to the fact that I would never have spent that much money on a powerhead in the first place.
True that!

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Vortech quality went in the toilet a few years back

But....something isn't adding up here.

Who did you buy the pumps from? Why were you "routed" to another company? You called Ecotech for help and they passed you onto someone else? Or you called the company you bought from them and they had you contact Ecotech? Why are these details missing?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back