Buyer beware mp10 quality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dhaleillama

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have nero and ecotech pumps. I had my nero3 die and I had a new one 3 days later. They told me a way to clean it, still errored out, gave them the serial number of it and they sent a new wet side and a shipping label to return the dead part. This was about 3-4 months ago, not sure what happened to your call, but I email tech support.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, you just need so much coral you can't even notice anything else exists.

also they make this claim (I don't have this one but now I think I should):

The extra long body of the Stream 3 also makes it quite slender so that it can be placed behind rockwork and aquascapes with an available deflector to ‘curve’ water flow up and over or around the aquascape, much like the nanostream 6020 and 6040. However unlike those Nano-Stream pumps, the Stream 3 is actually quite a beast, cranking out a respectable 15,000 liters per hour, or 3962 gph.

Despite its powerful flow rate, the Stream 3 is not just kind-of silent, it is completely silent. With virtually no moving surfaces touching, the Stream 3 doesn’t just have no rubbing of the impeller inside the pump body, there is also no vibration to transfer to the tank glass either, making this pump one of the most living-room-approved water pumps ever introduced to the aquarium hobby.

Dhaleillama

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also they make this claim (I don't have this one but now I think I should):

The extra long body of the Stream 3 also makes it quite slender so that it can be placed behind rockwork and aquascapes with an available deflector to ‘curve’ water flow up and over or around the aquascape, much like the nanostream 6020 and 6040. However unlike those Nano-Stream pumps, the Stream 3 is actually quite a beast, cranking out a respectable 15,000 liters per hour, or 3962 gph.

Despite its powerful flow rate, the Stream 3 is not just kind-of silent, it is completely silent. With virtually no moving surfaces touching, the Stream 3 doesn’t just have no rubbing of the impeller inside the pump body, there is also no vibration to transfer to the tank glass either, making this pump one of the most living-room-approved water pumps ever introduced to the aquarium hobby.
maybe I just can't have something ugly in my tank regardless of performance i dunno, not tryin to knock tunze because they are great, just not my cup of tea. I love my mp40's and my mp10's and nero 3s.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe I just can't have something ugly in my tank regardless of performance i dunno, not tryin to knock tunze because they are great, just not my cup of tea. I love my mp40's and my mp10's and nero 3s.

ya i getcha... I guess they thought of that and made it so you can put it behind the rock work so you can't see it. At least with the stream model they claim you can.

They also have some sort of rock covering you can put over it... complete with frag plug holes lol which covers majority of the body though kind of looks odd to see a powerhead just chilling on a rock.

Dhaleillama

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya i getcha... I guess they thought of that and made it so you can put it behind the rock work so you can't see it. At least with the stream model they claim you can.

They also have some sort of rock covering you can put over it... complete with frag plug holes lol which covers majority of the body though kind of looks odd to see a powerhead just chilling on a rock.
thats pretty dope. I will look into them a little more at least, i got a frag tank coming, might be easy to hide inside frag racks lol

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats pretty dope. I will look into them a little more at least, i got a frag tank coming, might be easy to hide inside frag racks lol

If you could truly put it behind rockwork and not see it at all, that makes it the most non-obtrusive powerhead of all.

I don't know if it lives up to that claim!!!

csund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, even Tunze themselves is apparently suggesting to hide their ugly pumps ;)
Hey man, I can hardly notice mine against the back wall. If you truly desire to slap those ugly earmuffs on your tank to get the same flow that’s your own prerogative. They just look hideous hanging off the sides of the tank. Sucks you can’t aim the off the back wall..

OP
OP
W

Windirmere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the rma papers from ecotech, looks like I'm paying shipping to Ontario from bc to have them fix it. The retailer won't take it back because it was opened, and sent me a link on how to do a factory reset. 450$ pump going to be a 800$ pump soon.
I know this hobby is expensive, but i didnt expect to get nickle and dimed by such a big company.

Was on the fence about upgrading everything to be on one app but nope, not anymore.
I also was thinking about purchasing an apex but doesn't ecotech own them as well?

20220616_191134.jpg

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are still a lot of missing details here. Did you not buy them from an authorized dealer? If a pump was DOA (which happened to me multiple times with Vortechs), you shouldn't pay a thing to get it replaced. Calling Ecotech directly and being nice about the whole thing may go a long way. Not saying you've been mean or rude just pointing out we can all catch more flies with honey than we do with vinegar.

International warranty stuff is different for each country but it sounds like whoever you bought them from is being a jerk. I wouldn't accept that personally. Get a manager from Ecotech on the phone and calmly explain the situation. Worst case, get your credit card company involved as well.

Ecotech does not own Neptune. Bertram owns both of them and BRS. I've had excellent service from all three. I wouldn't hesitate to buy an Apex again.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the rma papers from ecotech, looks like I'm paying shipping to Ontario from bc to have them fix it. The retailer won't take it back because it was opened, and sent me a link on how to do a factory reset. 450$ pump going to be a 800$ pump soon.
I know this hobby is expensive, but i didnt expect to get nickle and dimed by such a big company.

Was on the fence about upgrading everything to be on one app but nope, not anymore.
I also was thinking about purchasing an apex but doesn't ecotech own them as well?

20220616_191134.jpg
$350 to ship to Ontario?

Or does this include the things you bought trying to fix it on your own? That sounds pretty unfair to pin on them. As above, if this was an authorized dealer and a new pump, you wouldn’t be using their repair process.

Last edited:

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are still a lot of missing details here. Did you not buy them from an authorized dealer? If a pump was DOA (which happened to me multiple times with Vortechs), you shouldn't pay a thing to get it replaced. Calling Ecotech directly and being nice about the whole thing may go a long way. Not saying you've been mean or rude just pointing out we can all catch more flies with honey than we do with vinegar.

International warranty stuff is different for each country but it sounds like whoever you bought them from is being a jerk. I wouldn't accept that personally. Get a manager from Ecotech on the phone and calmly explain the situation. Worst case, get your credit card company involved as well.

Ecotech does not own Neptune. Bertram owns both of them and BRS. I've had excellent service from all three. I wouldn't hesitate to buy an Apex again.
I agree, this seems like an odd situation where we are missing something. Ecotech customer service has always been overly helpful and taken care of any issues I have had very quickly.

If you bought a new MP10 that didn’t work, I cannot imagine Ecotech wouldn’t replace it. They’ll usually do an express replacement where they take a credit card number, charge you $1, ship you a brand new replacement, and give you 30 days to send defective product back.

I also know that Ecotech doesn’t re-route customer service requests. It deals with everything in-house.

You should call them directly.

Dhaleillama

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the focus is the pumps in the tank there is something wrong with the tank…
i just don't want a ugly pump to be visible at all regardless of whats in the tank. I have sever ADHD and as soon as I saw it, it would bother me forever until removed

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back