CADE aquariums - Longevity

reefnfowl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All

I was about to hit the Place Order button on Algaebarn for Cade when my wife reminded me of the warranty. I didn’t pay attention to it since I had seen a lot of good reviews about Cade but when I looked, the 900 S2 came with just a 24 month warranty. I mean RedSea offers 3 + 2 now despite being known for leaks. The Cade’s build quality looks way better than RedSea’s and am surprised at just a 2 year warranty. Anyone here owning a Cade for more than a few years? Thoughts on its longevity? I am now considering Planet Aquarium as well. That have 5 years.

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cade is in my opinion the best high-end tank brand on the market. I definately vouge for them.
I've worked as an aquarium assistant before, and my Boss had specifically only bought Cade tanks when we moved site. He would have been in the industry longer and know much more than me and in my opinion he chose them because their build quality is very high and have great longevity in terms of using them as display tanks for the forceable decade or two.

ztc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cade, there are many things about the Cade that I believe are far better than other brands. But it does have its downfalls.
Sump (mine) silicone work is awful and not fully water tight the internal baffles. Display tank is beautiful tho. Power board switches feel very cheap. The screen net feels cheap and flimsy. The back wall (black acrylic) isn’t completely flush the glass weir behind it - can see the lip at the top.

Saying that I would buy another.

Muppy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Cade 1500, absolutely the best tank I have ever owned. If I had to buy another tank I would choose Cade every time.

Who cares if the red sea has a 5 year warranty? It's pretty much inevitable that it will fail, might be before 5 years might be after. But it will fail, and that's a big mess to clean up.

feelingfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovin the 2100s2. No complaints, though I do have one tip if you plan on purchasing. When you receive the package and are unboxing the stand make sure you have people holding the doors in place. I had one of the doors shatter because the hinge screw had wiggled out from shipping.

IMG_0400.jpeg

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovin the 2100s2. No complaints, though I do have one tip if you plan on purchasing. When you receive the package and are unboxing the stand make sure you have people holding the doors in place. I had one of the doors shatter because the hinge screw had wiggled out from shipping.

IMG_0400.jpeg
Removing the doors is the best option when setting up, for a start they’re quite heavy so it’s less weight to carry and you’ll want the cabinet fully open anyway when setting up sump/plumbing etc.

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_0400.jpeg
I had the same issues too and just ordered a replacement as it's not covered under warranty PXL_20240528_152624868.jpg PXL_20240603_220957677.jpg

feelingfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I knew it was probably a common problem as more then one of my door hinge screws was loose. When I contacted them for replacement I made a recommendation to use some kind of light duty lock tight to solve the issue. I hope they take the advice and save many the trouble.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 88 46.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 44.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 18 9.4%
Back