Cant stop buying sps

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have a problem. I can't stop looking at and purchasing sps. Never thought the stick bug would bite me but it has.

Never used battlecorals before, but just emailed back and forth with Adam to form a battlebox. Very pleasant to work with and helpful. The box will include poison envy, Joker 2.0, and a flamethrower table.

Can't wait to see them hopefully grow into nice colonies. Anyone have an colony shots or experience with these guys?

OP
OP
P

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That can be a good thing...lol. We cannot grow SPS. :) they just don't make it.
So far my birds, montis, and stylos all have great growth, encrusting and upwards. My green slimer is growing great as well so I added a bunch more acros.

My Achilles heel seems to be hammers and frogspawn. idk why, maybe too much flow or a pest of some sort? Unfortunate because I love them. Everything else thrives though

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here,I have been bitten by the sps bug. I have acros (mostly millies), alot of montis (branching, plating, encrusting you name it), pocis, stylos, birdsnest, leptoseris, pavona, porites, and stylocoeniella. I’m consistently on a look out for more sps because I just can’t get enough of them. My personal favorite would still be my pocis, stylos and my porites. Something about their wavy polyps just gets me everytime.

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard nothing but great things.

Does anybody here have any of the above mentioned corals?
I don't have any of the corals you listed, but I will be sure to request the flamethrower table in my next battlebox. My favorite coral from battlecorals right now is probably his Aquatic man table—simply amazing! :)

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You and me both! I’m addicted to sps that I just spent a lot of money on high end acros...

I do have Poison Envy (not a colony), but I need to take a picture. I will take it tomorrow and send it to you. I love the pinks and yellow tips on the coral. It seems an easy acro to take care of. Just make sure your water parameters are stable.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think I have a problem. I can't stop looking at and purchasing sps. Never thought the stick bug would bite me but it has.

Never used battlecorals before, but just emailed back and forth with Adam to form a battlebox. Very pleasant to work with and helpful. The box will include poison envy, Joker 2.0, and a flamethrower table.

Can't wait to see them hopefully grow into nice colonies. Anyone have an colony shots or experience with these guys?
Don’t have those ones but have had many battle boxes over the years and they are always fun. I also have a extensive high coral collection with lots of sps. I see your in the Pittsburgh area you should check out the 3RMAS club!

OP
OP
P

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t have those ones but have had many battle boxes over the years and they are always fun. I also have a extensive high coral collection with lots of sps. I see your in the Pittsburgh area you should check out the 3RMAS club!
I was in the old club back when Dave was here. Are you from the area as well?

OP
OP
P

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You and me both! I’m addicted to sps that I just spent a lot of money on high end acros...

I do have Poison Envy (not a colony), but I need to take a picture. I will take it tomorrow and send it to you. I love the pinks and yellow tips on the coral. It seems an easy acro to take care of. Just make sure your water parameters are stable.
Seems like a neat coral I'm excited. Tanks been very stable so far but is still newer. Using a lot of true liverock has really helped it stabilize and take off so much quicker, I have more coralline blowing up everywhere now at around 4 months then I did aftwr 12 months on my old tank with pure dry rock.
Do you find it likes to be blasted with light to get the colors out or a little lower in the tank? How's it look under whiter lighting during the day?

OP
OP
P

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any of the corals you listed, but I will be sure to request the flamethrower table in my next battlebox. My favorite coral from battlecorals right now is probably his Aquatic man table—simply amazing! :)
The flamethrower seems really neat cant wait to see it grow.

OP
OP
P

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here,I have been bitten by the sps bug. I have acros (mostly millies), alot of montis (branching, plating, encrusting you name it), pocis, stylos, birdsnest, leptoseris, pavona, porites, and stylocoeniella. I’m consistently on a look out for more sps because I just can’t get enough of them. My personal favorite would still be my pocis, stylos and my porites. Something about their wavy polyps just gets me everytime.
I love the flowy sps as well and have 4 stylos and 3 Birdnest to go with my montis and acros.

Gernader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Seems like a neat coral I'm excited. Tanks been very stable so far but is still newer. Using a lot of true liverock has really helped it stabilize and take off so much quicker, I have more coralline blowing up everywhere now at around 4 months then I did aftwr 12 months on my old tank with pure dry rock.
Do you find it likes to be blasted with light to get the colors out or a little lower in the tank? How's it look under whiter lighting during the day?
Sounds like you are ready for some sps! Mine is getting lower par than my other acros which is around 250-300 par. I was still able to get the colors out of it. It does look great under white lights!

OP
OP
P

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I’m on the board
I've thought about joining. I joined the old group then life got busy and I just coasted along not really buying or doing much in the hobby anymore, then my membership expired and I just didn't renew. After a 4 year or so hiatus I'm back full swing though.

Last edited:

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait till you get a serious case of STN.....then you'll lose the addiction real quick

ricky gervais laughing GIF

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait till you get a serious case of STN.....then you'll lose the addiction real quick

ricky gervais laughing GIF
This, this had happened to me quite a few times. But mostly happens to new frags. Its either they adjust and thrive or they dont adjust and die off. Which is why once mine are stable and growing I immediately frag them to make backups.

Gernader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sounds like you are ready for some sps! Mine is getting lower par than my other acros which is around 250-300 par. I was still able to get the colors out of it. It does look great under white lights!
Just took a pic of my Poison Envy!

5590E0FE-0061-424B-A278-19212C9FD3F8.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back