That’s exactly what I’m doing—I have my dosing pump directly hooked up to a bottle of 80-proof vodka. I don’t use vinegar because it produces too much bacterial biomass, which clogs my filter socks too quickly.Dose your tank with 2 ml per (100 litres of tank volume) per day of a solution made up of 50% vinegar and 50% vodka, do that every single day and forget about phosphate and nitrate the coral will eat the bacteria that grows from this dosing. You will not be able to measure any phosphate or nitrates but the corals will look great with good colour
Its a very old method from the 70's but it works
I keep my N at 2-5 ppm and P at 10-20 ppb by dosing daily. I’m not entirely sure if ultra-low NP levels are the reason dinos thrive, but if I let them drop too low, I’ll definitely see dinos pop up within days. For reference, my tank is mostly natural live rock and sand, with a few liters of Matrix. It’s been running for a few years, so I’d assume my microbial diversity is pretty solid.
Do you know why some tanks with undetectable NP don’t get dinos? I’d love to hear your thoughts.
