- Joined
- Jan 16, 2022
- Messages
- 153
- Reaction score
- 121
- Location
- Swiss
- What state or country do you live in
- Other International
“I'm not a scientist or an academic – I try to approach things with common sense as much as possible. That doesn't always work. In my humble opinion, after several years of reefkeeping, I've learned that most chemists aren't biologists, and most biologists aren't chemists. What we probably need is a trained marine biologist, microbiologist, and chemist – all in one person. But I'm not sure a single lifetime would be enough for that. I also become cautious whenever someone claims to know everything.
Because honestly: who can say for sure what the microbes in our tanks are really doing with all these chemical elements? And what about organic chemistry – how much of that are we even considering?”
Because honestly: who can say for sure what the microbes in our tanks are really doing with all these chemical elements? And what about organic chemistry – how much of that are we even considering?”
