CBB rescue mission. Help please.

Biznizface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2310.PNG
Great thread I am qt'ing a CBB to at moment he only eats live brine and mussels in a shell and mastick at the moment.

Mine has a black lesion on his fin don't know what it is.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2310.PNG
Great thread I am qt'ing a CBB to at moment he only eats live brine and mussels in a shell and mastick at the moment.

Mine has a black lesion on his fin don't know what it is.

Is the lesion shown in the picture? I'm not quite seeing it. :(

Biznizface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah black area on the white pvc pipe is it will get a better picture, on his left side fin

Last edited:

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2311.PNG

This is an older picture the black area is bigger now though

Ohhh. that's odd isn't it? It looks like a black lympho, but I've never heard of, nor seen black lympho... ever. Possibly some kind of other growth or an infection that is presenting weirdly.

Biznizface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it has got slightly bigger but he doesn't show any discomfort from it.
I have done a 24 hour fluke prazi med only at moment not sure he even had flukes have seen no scratching or what not ?
Was considering a myaxin freshwater dip for the fin problem then lastly was gonna do 20 days of CP.
would you say this was a good plan ?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it has got slightly bigger but he doesn't show any discomfort from it.
I have done a 24 hour fluke prazi med only at moment not sure he even had flukes have seen no scratching or what not ?
Was considering a myaxin freshwater dip for the fin problem then lastly was gonna do 20 days of CP.
would you say this was a good plan ?

I think the CP is a good plan, but you still want to do another prazi treatment in 5-7 days to finish that out. Antibiotics might be a good option as well. I'd say finish out the prazi treatment and start CP. By then we can reassess his weird black spot and decide where to go from there. Of course I'd be curious what @Humblefish has to say on this one. he likes the weird ones :)

Biznizface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok yeah was thinking to do the recommended other prazi treatment before CP.
What do you mean antibiotics you mean now or in a fw dip ?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Biznizface That looks like a bacterial growth on his fin. What kind of antibiotics can you get in the UK? Kanaplex? Furan-2?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Biznizface Supposedly the active ingredients for that product are as follows:
Source: http://www.masa.asn.au/masawiki/index.php/Myxazin

The acriflavine component is the only thing useful for bacterial diseases. Be careful when handling this product, as the first two listed ingredients are carcinogens. I'm actually kinda shocked that the UK would allow formalin to be included in any product. I could never get access to it when I lived there.

Biznizface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So can you suggest a plan ?

Should I do the second fluke medication in a few days then the CP then the myxazin ?

Or do this myxazin as soon as it arrives in the post possibly tomorrow then the second flukes medication then the CP ?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So can you suggest a plan ?

Should I do the second fluke medication in a few days then the CP then the myxazin ?

Or do this myxazin as soon as it arrives in the post possibly tomorrow then the second flukes medication then the CP ?

I would focus on clearing this infection first using myxazin. Once that has been accomplished, you can treat with CP. But I wouldn't mix any meds together because that will likely just suppress appetite. A CBB can be a PITA to get eating again once they stop.

Biznizface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard they are pita to eat full stop. So far got him eating mastick, live brine and mussels in half shell.

Ok just I've done one treatment with prazi and it's recommended you do another after 7 days ?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard they are pita to eat full stop. So far got him eating mastick, live brine and mussels in half shell.

Ok just I've done one treatment with prazi and it's recommended you do another after 7 days ?

Yes, but skip it if you are still using myxazin come then.

If you can get live California blackworms, he'll most likely eat that as well.

Biznizface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't get black worms pretty sure he's eating enough at moment would love to get him on frozen but can't see it.

I think it's best to do the prazi 2nd treatment but not sure do you think the CBB's stomach looks pinched in above photo suggesting flukes ? He doesn't scratch hiself or anything ?
I think the myxazin treatment is more than a few days ?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's best to do the prazi 2nd treatment but not sure do you think the CBB's stomach looks pinched in above photo suggesting flukes ? He doesn't scratch hiself or anything ?
I think the myxazin treatment is more than a few days ?

Pinched stomach could mean intestinal worms, which prazi isn't the best at treating. Have you seen any stringy white poop come out of him?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back