Changing out the Wet Side of a Vortex pump

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
3,785
Reaction score
164
Location
Wyoming
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have one of these myself, but a friend has asked me to help them out with theres. Anybody have any pointers for me? Thanks in advance.
 
The magnet inside is crazy strong! I made the mistake of putting it down in the sink. Took me forever to pry that thing off! THe back cap on the setside is a twist and pull. Don't pry it or you'll snap the plastic holds. Pretty easy though. GL
 
The magnet inside is crazy strong! I made the mistake of putting it down in the sink. Took me forever to pry that thing off! THe back cap on the setside is a twist and pull. Don't pry it or you'll snap the plastic holds. Pretty easy though. GL

Thanks for the help! BTW, welcome to R2R ~ we're sure getting a lot of Colorado people here lately, have we got somebody there recruiting for us?
 
Are they swapping it out or rebuilding it? If rebuilding it, videos can be found on Youtube to show disassembly instructions.
 
Hhhhmmm, not sure. She said the wetside was dissassembled and couldn't be reassembled, so she had to order the internal portion for the wetside. Like I said, I don't have one of these, so can't say for sure. I'll check U-tube as well. Thanks
 
Alrighty then, may give it a shot this evening. Will let you all know how it went.
 
The only trouble with re-assembly is making sure the propeller is seated properly. None of it is all that complicated.
 
I take my wetside apart fully to clean it and never had much of a problem. You twist the shield from the bottom to take it off. I'm pretty sure that the propellor just pulls off (it's been a while and I don't have the best memory). Then, you just push in the tabs and pry the base apart.

CJ
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new