Charise's 45 gallon tank

cdgardner

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Small Town Arizona, United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my 45 gallon tank. I set it back up in early march after taking a break. The cycle took about 2 months to complete maybe a little less. The rock and sand were "dead" as I had dismantled my saltwater tank about a year and a half ago and let everything cure due to terrible green hair algae and bubble algae after a tank crash that killed everything. I used good old fashioned time and microbater 7 to help recreate the live environment. I added reef pods, snails, and some macro algae in late April. Added coral in late May and just added my first fish this last week. I am running sumpless at this time do to lack of space. I have an aquac Remoro backpack S series skimmer, two waver makes, and a little surfer skimmer just to keep the oily gunk of the top (works like a champ). I am using T5 lights because I am undecided on LED's right now. We are planning an addition on our house after the first of the year and plans at this time are to install a custom 300 gallon tank with a "fish work room" behind it.
IMG_2302.jpg
IMG_2300.jpg
IMG_2296.jpg
IMG_2297.jpg
IMG_2299.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new