Cleaning my sump and found this..?

208Reefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
12
Location
Boise
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wassup Reefers,
Cleaning my sump today and found this little thing on my skimmer. I have only seen one once before in my tank a hand full of months ago and it was between a frag shelf and the glass. (which I got rid of) It looks almost like a vein or root that definitely gets larger over time. Doesn’t seem to move that I’ve noticed. Anyone have any idea what it is or what I should do with it?

66C7C34D-C978-410E-89AF-DCC9C87362EA.jpeg E268BF82-AAA5-4781-9B03-CF4E888AEDFC.jpeg
 
Might want to research spaghetti worm
 
Not a spaghetti worm, those look like a worm with spaghetti attached.

Either sponge or tunicate. If you poke it, does it do anything? Harmless either way, just a filter-feeder.
 
I have had those. It will grow into this/these. Harmless as the others were saying, but could really start to spread like these did depending on how much you feed. I had an opportunity to not feed for a week and they all died.

1629590726265.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new