Clown in overflow

  • Thread starter Thread starter zbrusko
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I've never had success with this approach. I wonder if the people who do have success with this are just lucky or very skilled.
I did twice one clown and one melanurus wrasse
 
I got her out. It was harrowing. I pulled the standpipes, and of course the bulkheads are raised just a little, so she was swimming around in 1/2” of water. I managed after about 15 minutes to guide her to one of the openings & she got stuck. I could see her little face looking up at me through the hole in the bulkhead. But I thought quick and tried to push her down with a stick. No such luck. I didn’t want to push too hard and risk injuring her. In my panic I called all the lfs employees I had in my phone, thinking I’d need to do some emergency plumbing. It was 5:02pm, and no answers.

I then put one of the standpipes back in, in the hopes it would double the pressure on the other side. I heard a gurgle & grabbed my mirror. No fish! I ran to the basement, and there she was. Swimming in my sump without a scratch. Phew. What an adventure!
 
I got her out. It was harrowing. I pulled the standpipes, and of course the bulkheads are raised just a little, so she was swimming around in 1/2” of water. I managed after about 15 minutes to guide her to one of the openings & she got stuck. I could see her little face looking up at me through the hole in the bulkhead. But I thought quick and tried to push her down with a stick. No such luck. I didn’t want to push too hard and risk injuring her. In my panic I called all the lfs employees I had in my phone, thinking I’d need to do some emergency plumbing. It was 5:02pm, and no answers.

I then put one of the standpipes back in, in the hopes it would double the pressure on the other side. I heard a gurgle & grabbed my mirror. No fish! I ran to the basement, and there she was. Swimming in my sump without a scratch. Phew. What an adventure!
Does the fish still look ok today?
Has it found its way back to the overflow hideout yet?
I am glad you were able to get it out of the box!
 
I got her out. It was harrowing. I pulled the standpipes, and of course the bulkheads are raised just a little, so she was swimming around in 1/2” of water. I managed after about 15 minutes to guide her to one of the openings & she got stuck. I could see her little face looking up at me through the hole in the bulkhead. But I thought quick and tried to push her down with a stick. No such luck. I didn’t want to push too hard and risk injuring her. In my panic I called all the lfs employees I had in my phone, thinking I’d need to do some emergency plumbing. It was 5:02pm, and no answers.

I then put one of the standpipes back in, in the hopes it would double the pressure on the other side. I heard a gurgle & grabbed my mirror. No fish! I ran to the basement, and there she was. Swimming in my sump without a scratch. Phew. What an adventure!
Does the fish still look ok today?
Has it found its way back to the overflow hideout yet?
I am glad you were able to get it out of the box!
It was a little hard to see in the dark, but she seemed ok. I think the lids need to be off for her to get into the overflow, but I’m working on getting a cover for it.
 
Dont you a have a ladder or a stand you could lay your body in top of the tank I have done it before in a 120 gallon with 2 overflows on the side thru the front glass. Im 5' 6" 150 pounds if that helps
Balls of steel
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new