Clownfish Breeding Data Journal Begins!!!

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep the aeration enough to move the water, keep the tank green and feed rotifer 3 times a day.

So I don’t breed clownfish. I have several pairs that I’m conditioning now. The pairs are only about a year to a year and half old. However I do raise Blennys which I use the exact same “greenwater” method. I was using tanks until I read about constructing a larval rearing tank, which eases a lot of the heavy maintenance. If you use the concentrated phyto, RG Complete, then you probably get that same green matte layer on the bottom that you constantly have I be vigilant about.
The larval tub seems to zero out any ammonia or nitrates. The sump area just consists of plastic media bio balls and the porous ceramic balls. I also stuff some macro algae in the fort chamber, with floss or filter pad between. I didn’t have to add any chemicals, just a little Seachem Stability to start out.
Since it’s a recirculating system, the main reservoir need to be check for rotifer density. I also use a lot of copepods which lend a big hand in all this.
a164396bdd128924a3e9113b3a3ae9d1.jpg
13fb59c8afed280d42b2c6eb853be403.jpg
3a161497753757c192fba38f624b41d4.jpg
a38638ba78a1bd45fa79d28cb6625ee6.jpg

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here some video of blennys in the larval tub. You absolutely need to give it a try. It works great with larger hatches especially, when it is a challenge and a half to eepnwater quality where it should be.
Code:
 https://youtu.be/aRw6ToYKeyM
I didn’t want to hijack your thread, but was wondering if you had tried this way at all?

OP
OP
LatinKing

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening ladies and gents
I would like to first thanks everyone who comment respectfully and liked my clownfish journal. It gives me great joy, and satisfaction in what I am doing.
Being a disable vet, this keeps me busy, and something to do at home. When I create this thread, "Clownfish Breeding Data Journal", the purpose was to share information about my mated pair of picasso, how day paired, courting and finally spawning. This journal was to provide an update on how the eggs hatch, feeding the larvae for the first few critical days to meta. Providing the growth on the offsprings to juvenile.

I know or expect that the members here will hopefully like, followed, ask question and possibly make a comment and I welcome you. However, I would respectfully appreciate that we keep to the topic. Not hijack "My clownfish journal" to talk about breeding a different species that is not a clownfish.
Thank you for understanding.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he was just offering his experience with breeding fish and trading ideas/methods. I don't think we was/is trying to hijack your thread.

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening ladies and gents
I would like to first thanks everyone who comment respectfully and liked my clownfish journal. It gives me great joy, and satisfaction in what I am doing.
Being a disable vet, this keeps me busy, and something to do at home. When I create this thread, "Clownfish Breeding Data Journal", the purpose was to share information about my mated pair of picasso, how day paired, courting and finally spawning. This journal was to provide an update on how the eggs hatch, feeding the larvae for the first few critical days to meta. Providing the growth on the offsprings to juvenile.

I know or expect that the members here will hopefully like, followed, ask question and possibly make a comment and I welcome you. However, I would respectfully appreciate that we keep to the topic. Not hijack "My clownfish journal" to talk about breeding a different species that is not a clownfish.
Thank you for understanding.

I also am a disabled veteran. I was an Registered Nurse and caught a viral meningitis and lost feeling in my leg and arm. I too have used breeding not only as a way to keep busy but distract from the pain without drugs. It’s an awesome way to cope with PTSD.
My aim was not to steal your spotlight, but offer some input. In no way did I have any malevolent issues. I am sincere about that. Please don’t take an aggressive posture, we should all be friends here.
The world of marine ornamental breeding has been a closed one. I’ve been working with several species over the past few years and have found that access to information, studies and data were closely guarded secrets of the hatcheries for financial reasons. They wanted to save all the time and money invested in research and breeding of a certain species. There’s a few of us around the country that trade information on Facebook groups and forums such as MBIsite.org.
I’m offering an olive branch to you. Your input and experience is valuable just as everyone’s is and is weldocmed so here on R2R. However, to keep the peace and o show you that I don’t mean to be a troll, I’ve asked the moderator to take down my post to include any and all video or pics.
I have opened a thread under the Fish Breeding Forum regarding the whole process of breeding marine fish and shrimp. I will be focusing a lot on culturing first foods such as copepods and rotifers for example, as this seems to be a another subject of interest. I will be going over how to grow your own phytoplankton and other related subjects.
Again, I apologize for the intrusion-it wasn’t meant to be like that.
Peace and Thank You for Your Service

Paul

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LatinKing Can you post a photo of your entire setup? I have a small 20 g broodstock tank and 20 g sump with 2 pairs of helmet picassos, reg occy and WW. Waiting for them to jut breed now.
Thanks

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back