Leo_ian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, the hobby has been somewhat of a passive one for me in the last year, but that has sort of changed recently. Anyway, i would love to get a clownfish pair, but I don’t really see the appeal of the usual perc complex clowns. The ones I’ve been really drawn to have been Maroons, bicinctus, mccullochi, latezonatus, clarkii and polymus. Has anyone had any experiences keeping them in pairs? Especially for maroons, does their aggression stay limited to between the pair or does it spread to attacking other fish in the tank? My tank is 3ft x 2ft x 2ft. Current stock list: Corazon damsel, royal gramma, neon goby (he’s three this year, i honestly don’t know how much longer he’s gonna be with me) and an algae blenny. I do also plan on getting a fang blenny or wrasse trio in the future.
Thank you!

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, the hobby has been somewhat of a passive one for me in the last year, but that has sort of changed recently. Anyway, i would love to get a clownfish pair, but I don’t really see the appeal of the usual perc complex clowns. The ones I’ve been really drawn to have been Maroons, bicinctus, mccullochi, latezonatus, clarkii and polymus. Has anyone had any experiences keeping them in pairs? Especially for maroons, does their aggression stay limited to between the pair or does it spread to attacking other fish in the tank? My tank is 3ft x 2ft x 2ft. Current stock list: Corazon damsel, royal gramma, neon goby (he’s three this year, i honestly don’t know how much longer he’s gonna be with me) and an algae blenny. I do also plan on getting a fang blenny or wrasse trio in the future.
Thank you!
Maroons become evil and will take your tank away from u and claim your whole tank as their territory. Sometimes maroons kills their pair so if u really want to keep them in pair, buy a already paired ones. They will actually try to kill small fishes. They also hv a spine within their cheeks and will bite your hands.

bicinctus clownfish are active but can show aggression when any fish attempt to come in their territory so I think u can add them

let's see what expert's say!

OP
OP
L

Leo_ian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroons become evil and will take your tank away from u and claim your whole tank as their territory. Sometimes maroons kills their pair so if u really want to keep them in pair, buy a already paired ones. They will actually try to kill small fishes. They also hv a spine within their cheeks and will bite your hands.

bicinctus clownfish are active but can show aggression when any fish attempt to come in their territory so I think u can add them

let's see what expert's say!
Thank you! That’s what I’ve read too, is this your firsthand experience too?

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! That’s what I’ve read too, is this your firsthand experience too?
Yes I had 2 maroons, one(female) killed another one(male) and claimed all tank it's territory.

bicinctus r active but will bite and injure other fish who comes near the tank but they r active but they r a good choice if given good place

OP
OP
L

Leo_ian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I had 2 maroons, one(female) killed another one(male) and claimed all tank it's territory.

bicinctus r active but will bite and injure other fish who comes near the tank but they r active but they r a good choice if given good place
oh damm... okay i'll pick another clown... maybe i should save up for a latezonatus

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back