clowns without a nem

You shouldn’t ridicule people just because they don’t do what you think is right. There are a lot of clowns that don’t even host anemone when you try to have them host it

Advising anyone to aim to provide the best conditions possible for an animal in their care has nothing to do with ridicule.

Where we stop is our own choice, we can chose from barely keeping them alive to finding out what makes them happy and do what we can to provide those conditions. It's a matter of empathy.
 
Advising anyone to aim to provide the best conditions possible for an animal in their care has nothing to do with ridicule.

Where we stop is our own choice, we can chose from barely keeping them alive to finding out what makes them happy and do what we can to provide those conditions. It's a matter of empathy.
Not all clowns host, so you saying that is not completely true. As others have said they host other things
 
I would say it is more important to get more than one clown than to get an anemone. I've seen video where clowns actually make barely audible clicking noises to each other. So they appear to communicate with each other. I would see a single clown as more of a stressor to the fish than not having a host anemone. They have a social structure.

That being said, my pair like to hang around and lay eggs on my leather coral. If breeding isn't the ultimate sign that the clowns are "happy", then I don't know what is. But that leather is their coral. They sit among the folds of the leather and seem to enjoy being in it. So I would rather see someone new get a pair of clowns instead of worrying about supporting an anemone as well, which is typically more difficult to care for.
And once again Vette67 makes perfect sense to me. I had a 13 year old tomato clown that didn't know an anemone from a power head. He had only seen the latter.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new