Corals Pulling Polyps in

  • Thread starter Thread starter kiwis
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kiwis

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
347
Reaction score
82
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a few corals for a few months... Polyps out every day but since changing to a stronger light they're retracting them on and off a bit?

A major issue?
Adjusting

Unrelated?

Any ideas?
 
I know with my HW, if the blues are run too high, the PE is reduced. When I reduce them, PE resumes. So if you coincidentally noticed it happening, why not try lowering the lights some?
 
Depends on the species, sps tend to show better polyp extension during the night, less predators to nip at the polyps are more food for them to catch.
 
I know with my HW, if the blues are run too high, the PE is reduced. When I reduce them, PE resumes. So if you coincidentally noticed it happening, why not try lowering the lights some?

HW and PE???
 
HW = Home Wrecker

PE = Polyp extension

While my acros never have PE, I do have decent growth and color. I've been told even though I don't see my flame back angel nipping, it's probably the cause of 0 PE.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new