core7 'equal parts dosing' user poll

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

core7 users - do you dose all parts in equal amounts?

• Total voters

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we don't dose all bottles in equal amounts, as recommended by triton. our levels for Ca and Mg would be crazy high. but our growth is 'not explosive' of course there could be a myriad of issues affecting that - but the non-equal dosing is by far our biggest variance from triton recommendations.

how about everyone else? cast your poll vote above!

Last edited:

JohannesFFM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
i dose everthing equal and dose missing elements seperatly. In the Triton fix parameter guide it says that you should lower your dose of all elements if ca and mg are to high. you can adjust alk seperatly or just run alk a bit lower. 6.5-7
Regards Johannes

reefaland310

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
i dose everthing equal and dose missing elements seperatly. In the Triton fix parameter guide it says that you should lower your dose of all elements if ca and mg are to high. you can adjust alk seperatly or just run alk a bit lower. 6.5-7
Regards Johannes

Also agree

OP
OP
jzw

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
omg our sps are gonna dump lol

nobody's clicking on the poll!

Land Shark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That isn’t going to work out like you want it to because it’s not just mg and ca you are reducing. There are other elements in bottles 1 and 2. If you are trying to raise alk, just add triton alk solution. Dose the 4 bottles evenly. Paint by numbers .

Last edited:

reefaland310

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That isn’t going to work out like you want it to because it’s not just mg and ca you are reducing. There are other elements in bottles 1 and 2. If you are trying to raise alk, just add a little extra alk yourself. That can be as simple as a diy recipe of alk solution made up of arm and hammer baking soda and rodi. Randy Holmes Farley has an article on how to do that. Or you can buy alk solution ready to use. Dose the 4 bottles evenly!

Agreed. I buy the alk,cal,mag increaser from triton as well to get back into target range

miPapareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been full triton since November 2017 without any water changes. I measured and calibrate dozers often and make sure the dosed amounts are equal. However, my calcium level continued to rise versus other levels. In November was 468 and is now 575, so Triton recommendation was to reduce solution #2 dosing amount. So now I’m running -4% on calcium dose. I send in a test every 2 months so I’ll see in about 6 weeks if that’s working. Maybe I should add a clam!

Vincent100

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose bottle 2 cal ....2 ml a day less than the rest , if I dosed all the same my cal goes through the roof
44 ml bottle 1,3a,3b
42 ml bottle 2

OP
OP
jzw

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not recommending anything here, but just fyi we stopped dosing core7 bottle 1 (Mg) for the past 2 months, with no ill effects. cheato growth slowed a lot, but that's it.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not recommending anything here, but just fyi we stopped dosing core7 bottle 1 (Mg) for the past 2 months, with no ill effects. cheato growth slowed a lot, but that's it.
Have you done an icp? as there’s more than mg in the bottle. FWIW I was dosing evenly, but have recently switched to ATI essentials pro, as I was having to add so many additional elements, as well as Core7, I thought I’d see if ATI had more of these elements in the bottles...

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am dosing equal as well. My dose got out of wack following a fluconazle treatment where CA spiked but absent that it has tracked very well with equal dosing (less strontium and a few others that are consistently low which I supplement).

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am dosing equal as well. My dose got out of wack following a fluconazle treatment where CA spiked but absent that it has tracked very well with equal dosing (less strontium and a few others that are consistently low which I supplement).

CA spiked only? What about ALK?

What’s consistently low?

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CA spiked only? What about ALK?

What’s consistently low?

During fluconazole treatment my alk demand drops considerably so I reduce all parts equally to maintain 8 dkh. When doing this it caused CA to push 600 over the course of a month or 2 between ICP tests. While flucon hasn't killed any coral it definitely disrupts my system (growth) and kills about 80% of my fuge macro algae every time.

Outside of the abnormal case of elevated CA during flucon treatment I dose Iodine, Manganese and Strontium which are pretty consistently very low absent dosing. I also dose a little Boron and Potassium here and there but those generally stay in line with only occasional adjustments needed.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 59 74.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back