Core7 Triton method questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kenpro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there vitamins, aminoacids, fatty acids and everything else provided in some way in the core7 bottles or are these elements just releases by die off from algeas to feed corals?

And finally Im starting my new tank this weekend and got the advice to start with other method bottles instead of triton to have less algae outbreak. Is this a good Idea Tim@triton ? I have good quality rock that have laid in a bucket with water, heat and circulation for 8 weeks and my Hanna ulr checker shows zero po4. What do you recommend

OP
OP
K

Kenpro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My system is rolling, a answer on what bottles to be used should be appreciated :)I have bought both triton and other metod bottles

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ken,

Remember the @ in front of of my name as well otherwise the tag won't work...

If you are running the full method then you should use the Triton Method version, if you do not have much of an algae bed or are running another method then you should use Reef Supplements for Other Methods.

There is no need to add coral food when running the full Triton Method as fish waste and algae die off provides everything required, however, some LPS may benefit from target feeding from time to time.

OP
OP
K

Kenpro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Tim, I got the @ at the wrong place

I got the tip that starting with other method bottles despite going for full triton method to not get a algae outbreak in the starting phase, i think with high quality rocks i can go for triton bottles right away

OP
OP
K

Kenpro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tim@Triton, another question i have

Just started up a redsea reefer tank, using triton pure 2.0 salt and good quality live rock my ph is around 7,8-8,1 this is my first tank without sand/gravel and my other tanks at startup the ph has been 8,2 at the startup phase. Is it the salt that has low ph or is this because of die off in the rocks or that i run bare bottom? I have a new apex with a new ph lab grade probe so will dubblecheck its calibration when new calibration fluids arrive. I have a spectrapure maxcap rodi all new so i hope waterquality is good. I have my own water spring in my new home but water has very good quality and since doing rodi water i dont know if ph is affected anyhow

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tim@Triton, another question i have

Just started up a redsea reefer tank, using triton pure 2.0 salt and good quality live rock my ph is around 7,8-8,1 this is my first tank without sand/gravel and my other tanks at startup the ph has been 8,2 at the startup phase. Is it the salt that has low ph or is this because of die off in the rocks or that i run bare bottom? I have a new apex with a new ph lab grade probe so will dubblecheck its calibration when new calibration fluids arrive. I have a spectrapure maxcap rodi all new so i hope waterquality is good. I have my own water spring in my new home but water has very good quality and since doing rodi water i dont know if ph is affected anyhow
I would not be overly concerned with a low starting pH, as long as it is not swinging violently. Once you have a sufficient dose of Core7 being added you will find that your pH will rise to around 8.3, make sure you are not dosing too close to the probes as well.

OP
OP
K

Kenpro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, regarding dosing containers, is it ok for a hole in the cap so vaccum not is building up when the dosingpump sucks up the fluids or is the triton fluids going bad inncontact with air longterm?

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, regarding dosing containers, is it ok for a hole in the cap so vaccum not is building up when the dosingpump sucks up the fluids or is the triton fluids going bad inncontact with air longterm?
I would recommend a small air bleed hole yes

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back