Creating a Frag-tastic Tank!

Slries

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers!!! (Have I mentioned how much I love this place? You all are amazing! Keep doing you!)

So we all know we start one aquarium and then just need more/bigger after that. Well I have since convinced my boyfriend to all me to setup a frag tank! I am hoping to frag all coral types, LPS, SPS, and a lot a lot of softies (love zoas and mushrooms!)

Having said that, what tanks do you recommend for this?!
- Set up?
- Maintenance?
- Water change schedule?
- Any cuc, or fish?

I've been looking at the JBJ 20 gallon shallow reef tank. And have found one here with tank and stand. Any thoughts on this?
https://m.ebay.com/itm/JBJ-20-Gallo...%3Af899c2eb15e0a991ed275b0cfffe26ea%7Ciid%3A4

Thanks all!!

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be a good little frag tank! I have a nuvo 20 that was a frag tank at first. I would keep a few snails and small wrasse to control any unwanted hitchhikers

OP
OP
Slries

Slries

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be a good little frag tank! I have a nuvo 20 that was a frag tank at first. I would keep a few snails and small wrasse to control any unwanted hitchhikers
Awesome! Any tips for lighting and water change frequency? Is a sump needed?

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sump needed unless you want more volume. The jbj is an all in one. Water change schedule can depend on the corals, fish, and if you dose.

OP
OP
Slries

Slries

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It helps tremendously if you can plumb the frag tank into your existing system. Then you're not doing two sets of water changes, trying to match water parameters, etc.
I won't be able to do that unfortunately. The frag tank will have to go in the basement. Thanks though.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 48 82.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back