OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah - my 120 has a 40 gallon breeder under the tank - this is my first basement system and huge sump and fuge! I am excited! :). I just showed my husband your tank and I think he almost threw up!!! :rolleyes:
Worried I would want something similar! HAHAHAHA! I think 180 with basement sump is his limit.
Never to late to upgrade lol Im going from 150 to 450

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah - my 120 has a 40 gallon breeder under the tank - this is my first basement system and huge sump and fuge! I am excited! :). I just showed my husband your tank and I think he almost threw up!!! :rolleyes:
Worried I would want something similar! HAHAHAHA! I think 180 with basement sump is his limit.
Lol sounds like my wife when I showed her the layout of my current basement build. There is always room for a bigger tank in the future.

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never to late to upgrade lol Im going from 150 to 450
He would KILL me! :). I am fairly new to the hobby - set up my 12o in July last year! Then we moved - and that was NUTS - but moved that 120 like a pro! 12 hours - didn't lose a THING! So - it went to my brother and sister in laws house - new house = new tank! :) The dining room in the new house is the new designated fish room and I will have my own fish room in the basement. I am sure it will expand over time! :).

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently finished my 90 G with basement sump and I love it. So much quieter in my office now. All I hear is the trickle of water, no pumps, no skimmer, no hums except my computer :)

OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently finished my 90 G with basement sump and I love it. So much quieter in my office now. All I hear is the trickle of water, no pumps, no skimmer, no hums except my computer :)
That's what im Going for. I can hear the hum from tanks in my bedroom on the second floor hopefully the basement sump takes car of that.

OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things might come to a stand still for a bit. All the glass manufacturers rejected my glass because of to many wholes. I sent it back out to see what needs to be done for them to make it. But if worst comes to worse I'd have to go acrylic. Never had an acrylic tank before.

Fishhands

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things might come to a stand still for a bit. All the glass manufacturers rejected my glass because of to many wholes. I sent it back out to see what needs to be done for them to make it. But if worst comes to worse I'd have to go acrylic. Never had an acrylic tank before.
Maybe call some tank builders see i they think there are too many holes. They build this stuff all the time they would know before someone that just makes glass.

OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's true I don't even know of any tank builders I never looked into it since I was making my own. I'll have to do some research I guess.

Fishhands

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
download.jpg

To the internet Batman!

OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emailed living color aquariums and miracle aquariums. We'll see what they say. The glass companies I tried are rejecting it because there is to many holes. when they go to temper the pieces there afraid it's going to blow up on them. So being in the glass trades myself I can see where there coming from but if I need to go thicker or remove a hole I can do that but going thicker is almost twice the price per square foot. So we'll see what they say when they get back to me. Fingers crossed

OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Herd back from the aquarium builders looks like I'm going acrylic 1" thick. I talked to a fabricator near me in Pittsburg that is going to cut it up for me and ship it to my house. Just need to get them my drawings for sizes. Hopefully I can get the ball rolling again.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All welded up and painted the stand looks good for now just waiting on the glass company to make the glass. Still need to think of what to use between the tank and the stand. Any ideas I think it's gonna be to heavy for foam.

Maybe cork? I used a roll of adhesive backed cork strip to line the bottom of my stand. Protects the flooring and works like a gasket to keep spills from seeping under the stand and hiding there.

OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly but surely moving along. I've been working out of town recently haven't had much time to work on things but I'm starting to put the baffles in to the sump. I sent the cad drawing to a company to cut up my acrylic so maybe I'll get it for Christmas and that'll be a nice present :).
1513294446908582364143.jpg

15132945164471551641381.jpg

Back