Cycling High Nitrites While Ammonia Is Lowering

kiddkobireefs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been testing my tank everyday to monitor my cycle. Cycle has been going on for over a month now. My nitrites have continually been high right now for the past 3-4 days at 2-5ppm. My ammonia read 2.0ppm for a few days and has gone to 1ppm as of today but my nitrites are still sitting between 2-5ppm. My nitrates are about 10ppm as of today. I feel like my cycle has stalled and not sure where to go from here. I started to ghost feed a few days ago to feed the bacteria population in the tank, also while adding Stability. Is there anything I am doing wrong or should be changing? Thank you in advance!
 
Hey as soon as I saw one month + stuck I knew that meant cycled + not stuck. If this tank gets a full or close to full water change then any new life added will live due to being ready

The test kits saying we're stalled, those rascals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new