OP
Dave1993

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snail is still alive after 24 hours so i think its safe to say tank is cycled emailed a store near me asking if they have the midas blenny in stock and going to order him today if they have

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will live but there’s one catch

fish disease. The exact math is this:

if you elect for no disease preps, the chances any fish are alive in eight months are 10%. All data comes from the fish disease forum here and on every board, avail for recalculation if someone sees other patterns evident. The data does not come from a lucky guys home reef example who never has to quarantine, which is not joe public’s reef. Jane and joe public post in disease forums, and when we reef we can expect our results to match theirs, not the awesome outliers in the industry.

the only place on the planet you should get fish disease info from is a rolling active disease forum, the scanned patterns are your current truth. It’s not about my opinion, or Joes opinion, it’s in scannable patterns we can read for ourselves. True data trending has current truths. I can tell by patterning if Jay H or Humblefish tells you something about fish disease, that’s the most up to date info and % prognosis accuracy you are going to get in 2021 regarding marine fish disease in aquariums

if you elect to run full blown fallow and quarantine and maintain that medical separation standard for the life of the reef building/stocking phase, you have an 80-90% chance of retention of any fish after eight months in the tank.

if you skip fallow and qt, and opt for bottled treatments, or garlic, or anything other than fallow and quarantine, chances are same as option one, still 10%

so many might dis agree with my interp of data from all online fish disease forums for reefs. they also disagreed w my cycling notions too so it’s hard to find a reliable meter

look for patterns in work threads to be your own ref.

i don’t even keep marine fish and probably never will, I only like pico reefs and bacteria

the data is merely as I read it by clicking any forum currently.

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will live but there’s one catch

fish disease. The exact math is this:

if you elect for no disease preps, the chances any fish are alive in eight months are 10%. All data comes from the fish disease forum here and on every board, avail for recalculation if someone sees other patterns evident. The data does not come from a lucky guys home reef example, which is not joe public’s reef. Jane and joe public post in disease forums, and when we reef we can expect our results to match theirs, not the awesome outliers in the industry.

if you elect to run full blown fallow and quarantine and maintain that medical separation standard for the life of the reef building/stocking phase, you have an 80% chance of retention of any fish after eight months in the tank.

if you skip fallow and qt, and opt for bottled treatments, or garlic, or anything other than fallow and quarantine, chances are same as option one, still 10%

so many might agree with my interp of data from all online fish disease forums for reefs. they also disagreed w my cycling notions heh

i don’t even keep marine fish and probably never will, the data is merely as I read it by clicking any forum currently.
I'll disagree with this. The 2 reefers in my local reef club who did full therapeutic QT had far and a way the worst survival rate for fish. I know, I was one of them. Once I stopped the harsh chemical treatments I have had much better survival rates.
The disease forums are the worst place to go to collect this data. It tends to be full of people who have, and want to portray, a positive view of prophylactic chemical treatments.
If you want a more accurate and less biased data set, study the build threads.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree to that and Paul doesn’t have to quarantine either. Outliers

vs what everyone can expect to happen, per thread trending.

not found in current trending in any online fish disease forum... Nobody helps save fish there using that means. Those posts are left to massive loss.

list me out ten or twenty ordered steps to get 80% retention in new reefs skipping fallow and ill begin it today in cycle start threads. We will have a hundred feedbacks by April/July and the data will be of its own volition.

the people with the secret abilities are never ever ever building work threads using the means. I’ll expect posts in the fish disease forum to drop rapidly once we begin the set list.

i bet all chips on qt and fallow, even though I can find posts of fish dying in that process agreed as well. Merely a % analysis from avail data posts as I see it

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree to that and Paul doesn’t have to quarantine either. Outliers

not found in current trending in any online fish disease forum. Nobody helps save fish there using that means.
Again, the fish disease forum is the wrong place to look. You ignore the entire population of reefers that never have a fish disease problem so have no need to go to that section.
What you are doing is similar to trying to find out how likely someone is to die of cancer by looking in a cancer treatment center. It ignores the 2/3rds of the population that will never have cancer.

I also wonder, in your survival rate data, are you looking at the number of fish that die in QT?

Back