Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howd you get the coral on hanging on the back of the tank?

And that clear box on the left side of the tank, whys the coral in there?

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howd you get the coral on hanging on the back of the tank?

And that clear box on the left side of the tank, whys the coral in there?

@Zeal...
The acclimation box had a green bubble tip anemone. I gave it back, so removed it form my rock work and placed it in the box.

The coral on back wall is Green Star Polyps. I used quick setting glue and attached small sections.

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped by @CherryCorals today and picked up a Rasta and BamBam Zoa frag and a Rock anemone... Zoas are still to open but here is the anemone!!

Thanks again Todd and Brett!!!
ab83db6c95ce945e68829d97d3a5f781.jpg

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not so fun update.

I lost a head on my fav torch. Lost overnight due to brown jelly. I plan to dip in iodine today and see if the 2nd head survives!! I will do a 10G water change as well.

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was running around all day yesterday in setting up my QT, getting the rite meds for brooks etc, but everything just went downhill...

Lost both Flasher Wrasse and Extreme Blackice Clownfish last night!! Orange Blaze clown still in QT and swimming fine. Need to observe him. My DT has 4 more fish. I have to observe them as well.

Not so happy weekend and my son got ear infection... it’s a bad combo...

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TL;DR

What happened?

Hey @Zeal..

First it was Brooks and now I’m suspecting there is Velvet as they are swimming Into the powerhead. Literally went from healthy to dead in 36hrs!! I had to take some of my rockwork out to catch the fishes as well.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Zeal..

First it was Brooks and now I’m suspecting there is Velvet as they are swimming Into the powerhead. Literally went from healthy to dead in 36hrs!! I had to take some of my rockwork out to catch the fishes as well.

Ugh, sorry to hear. Hope your son feels better too.

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, sorry to hear. Hope your son feels better too.

Thank you @NY_Caveman.

I lost the last clown also. Went to check on him and found him stuck to the power head. Can’t think about this anymore.

Will catch the remaining 4 fish I have in the DT or monitor them for a week and see what’s happening. QT is ready, so I don’t have to spend time setting it up. Meds should be here Tuesday. All in all getting there!!

Never lost fishes like this. Jumpers, well nothing you can do even after providing a net, but diseases is where you hope to do what you can.

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is the simple QT setup I have. I’m going to give TTM a try next time. Especially if I can get only 1 or 2 specimens, then buckets may be the best way to go. 5gallons is easier to work with and cheaper!

Then I’ll transfer them to this QT, observe for other issues.

83ea5f4b9946e6857e64c6a234e000bf.jpg

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a stressful weekend with home and aquarium issues, Im starting to settle down. My son is doing better and I have a hold on the aquarium. Did some changes to the scape and created more hiding spots. I want these 4 fishes to have more hiding spots and i know im creating an issue for me to catch them, but that is OK.

I also received my macro kit and orange filter. Im going to post some more pics. I hope things calm down now. Pics coming soon

FredsNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry to hear this. Glad your son is better though!

Hopefully the last few fish bounce back. Your tank looks beautiful and the growth is amazing, hope you figure out what happened.

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FredsNJReef Thank you for your comments. Hoping for the fish to do fine. I am making sure you are fed 2 times and garlic in every feed. Have to see how it goes.

With this small change in made, I have more room for corals. That is always a good thing. I will make that the Zoa garden and add 2 more rock anemones. Thinking of adding Blasto's and Acan's as well. That is the plan, but not for the next 6 weeks. I want to see the growth without any disturbances and make sure things are back to normal before adding anything.

For now my WIFE is on board with corals. She never was into corals but now she wants to buy!! ;)

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jesus so much going on, hope I never have to deal with any of that...

Sorry for your loss of fish.

Right now I'm feeding my first selcon with their morning meal, might butt garlic to it as well.

Me working in the medical field I fully believe in preventative treatment

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FredsNJReef Thank you for your comments. Hoping for the fish to do fine. I am making sure you are fed 2 times and garlic in every feed. Have to see how it goes.

With this small change in made, I have more room for corals. That is always a good thing. I will make that the Zoa garden and add 2 more rock anemones. Thinking of adding Blasto's and Acan's as well. That is the plan, but not for the next 6 weeks. I want to see the growth without any disturbances and make sure things are back to normal before adding anything.

For now my WIFE is on board with corals. She never was into corals but now she wants to buy!! ;)

Scary. If your wife is into corals you may have to mortgage the house! Seriously, that is great. A true partner.

OP
OP
mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jesus so much going on, hope I never have to deal with any of that...

Sorry for your loss of fish.

Right now I'm feeding my first selcon with their morning meal, might *** garlic to it as well.

Me working in the medical field I fully believe in preventative treatment

@Zeal Thank you for your comments.

Yeah try garlic. The fish go crazy... just hope for the best. I ordered Aqua Forest Garlic oil from BRS. I soak my nori sheet in garlic oil as well.

Back