OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the club :) you’ll be replacing your Kessils for radions in no time ;)

HAHA I could most certianly offset the cost of that swap now. But only if I went with two XR15's and sold the 3 kessils and t5 setup!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey lots going on, My snails and crabs are sporting Beards, Is there a Shave Club for inverts? Just wondering:p

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or you go with something like the Giesemann Spectra :)

I'll send you may paypal! haha Those are nice lights, not knowing anything about them why don't they make a 36" version?

Hey lots going on, My snails and crabs are sporting Beards, Is there a Shave Club for inverts? Just wondering:p

You may have just created a business!

Gillette probably sells snail razors for $72.99 or so!

Is that with free shipping?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would just create a turf war! hahaha
Maybe you could get SCOTTS as a sponsor
upload_2018-7-25_18-1-57.jpeg

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Giesemann does make a 36" model, but I'm only aware of it being available via CoralVue's eBay page. For a 36" tank, you could go with the 36" model, but it does have 2 MH's, which would be a lot of light. You could also go with a 24" model and raise it up a bit higher. BRS has a great video on the fixture if interested. Also, a number of us have also modified them further if you really wanna tweak it.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some quick shots when I got home from the job.. besides seeing the wife and kids this is peaceful, sometimes!

B18D03C0-BB4D-4E97-AB63-41EB9A8EA376.jpeg

0EA8BB40-6BBB-4EC5-A214-4A89450F3578.jpeg

CDDD8A8C-EB1D-4988-B069-D1A77E8D0BA1.jpeg

3FE8E09E-B20C-44D5-B940-CA7500223691.jpeg

C57BB54C-8402-4E7B-B870-B9D9A9DF3DE2.jpeg

032785E5-A2D5-4F09-857E-CA68A2A39CA4.jpeg

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you could get SCOTTS as a sponsor
upload_2018-7-25_18-1-57.jpeg

Hilarious! I’d probably go with a local company, maybe next one to knock on my door!

Giesemann does make a 36" model, but I'm only aware of it being available via CoralVue's eBay page. For a 36" tank, you could go with the 36" model, but it does have 2 MH's, which would be a lot of light. You could also go with a 24" model and raise it up a bit higher. BRS has a great video on the fixture if interested. Also, a number of us have also modified them further if you really wanna tweak it.

I’m going to check this out!

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my tracking information from @BoomCorals - A few weeks back he offered a killer deal. Pick any of the 2 corals he posted on Reef2Reef and he would blind pick 3 more for $125 shipped. I reached out and inquired about Saturday shipping and was accommodated quickly with a new invoice with Saturday delivery.

Why did it take a few weeks for the order to ship, well the corals that I picked were then cut and mounted on plugs. Waiting a few weeks gave them some time to relax and heal and be prepared to be shipped from Wisconsin down to Kentucky.

I decided on a PC Rainbow and a Cliffs Acro and will be surprised with the other 3 when they come in!

Pick two thread - https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/booms-pick-two-packs.421040/#post-4915781

Stock photo's from his thread -

Boom-2463.jpg

Boom_c89b6ec8-3085-4729-bf37-1b35cd874ae1_grande.jpg

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been running for nearly 2 years now, when I put the tank together I didn't really plan ahead. At the time I really didn't think about coral placement. Now that I am in that phase the right structure bugs me and I want to replace it. The rock came from Reef Cleaners and I have extra rock, unfortunately the 2 structure in my tank were also build using Emarco.

I'd like to build a new right side scape and replace the existing one, I thought about pulling it out chipping away at it and putting it back. If I am going to go through with that I may as well build something I like.

What concerns do I have if I move forward with this? I do run pond matrix in my sump by the way.

Should I put a piece of rock in my sump for a few weeks, build the new structure while that settles in and then move that rock and the new structure into a container for a few weeks? Or so I build it and swap it?

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been running for nearly 2 years now, when I put the tank together I didn't really plan ahead. At the time I really didn't think about coral placement. Now that I am in that phase the right structure bugs me and I want to replace it. The rock came from Reef Cleaners and I have extra rock, unfortunately the 2 structure in my tank were also build using Emarco.

I'd like to build a new right side scape and replace the existing one, I thought about pulling it out chipping away at it and putting it back. If I am going to go through with that I may as well build something I like.

What concerns do I have if I move forward with this? I do run pond matrix in my sump by the way.

Should I put a piece of rock in my sump for a few weeks, build the new structure while that settles in and then move that rock and the new structure into a container for a few weeks? Or so I build it and swap it?

I also have been thinking of doing a minor aquascape change. I thought about maybe doing a bigger than usually water change, putting the dirty water in a big container, take my right high boulder, and chip / saw away at it in the container, then put it back.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain and am going thew the same thing wanting to re-scape and clean the BA. the last time I cleaned and acid washed rock It threw my tank out of wack, But it did give Coraline a fresh canvas to get a foot hold. I think you need to fully cure what ever you put in the tank.
I received my Pick 2 BOOM Box this week and all the corals are happy and colorful, really nice corals. I almost feel guilty it was so reasonable ;Woot

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have been thinking of doing a minor aquascape change. I thought about maybe doing a bigger than usually water change, putting the dirty water in a big container, take my right high boulder, and chip / saw away at it in the container, then put it back.

That was my original thought, I just don't know how well that will turn out. Maybe I need to put a little more thought into that!

I feel your pain and am going thew the same thing wanting to re-scape and clean the BA. the last time I cleaned and acid washed rock It threw my tank out of wack, But it did give Coraline a fresh canvas to get a foot hold. I think you need to fully cure what ever you put in the tank.
I received my Pick 2 BOOM Box this week and all the corals are happy and colorful, really nice corals. I almost feel guilty it was so reasonable ;Woot

When I started my tank I didn't do anything to my rock, build the structures and into the tank they went! I did have some algae issues since it was all new and I suspect the same thing would happen again.

That exciting about the boom box, I am very anxious to see it tomorrow morning!

Savo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my original thought, I just don't know how well that will turn out. Maybe I need to put a little more thought into that!

When I started my tank I didn't do anything to my rock, build the structures and into the tank they went! I did have some algae issues since it was all new and I suspect the same thing would happen again.

That exciting about the boom box, I am very anxious to see it tomorrow morning!
Hah, I feel the same way. I wish i had more flat surface to place more acropora and get rid of my sand

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back