DinoX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI. No if stored under normal conditions it lasts for severel years without any issues

droog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have purchased Dino X to treat a persistent case of dino's in my reef tank. Any guidance on how long should I continue dosing as a minimum requirement, e.g. 6 doses or 10 doses?

Of course I can stop dosing when the dino's appear to be gone - but they are in my sand bed and could still be lurking. I'm worried the product may work like anti-biotics whereby one needs to "finish the course"?

-droog

droog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also for the ICP testing service - can I mail in samples from international? I'm in Shanghai

-droog

thrillreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course I can stop dosing when the dino's appear to be gone - but they are in my sand bed and could still be lurking. I'm worried the product may work like anti-biotics whereby one needs to "finish the course"?
Bumping because I’m also curious about this. What’s the correct endpoint to stop dosing? @Fauna Marin

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dino X does not work as antibiotics, it support bacteria grow and will not harm them.
When the Dinos are away you can stop the dosing, thats ok, please check also the HTU on our website about the use of the product

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had a massive Dino's outbreak so I dosed Dino x and it got rid of all the snot-like algae with bubbles in it on the rock work but it did not clear the dino's fully from the sand bed. This seems to go away a night and come back when the lights are on.

However, it seems to have severely damaged all the corals in my tank. My candy canes are literally falling to bits the hammers are looking really upset. Also, a lot of sps frags have turned white and died or browned out completely.

I tried following the instructions exactly and dosed 15ml into my reefer 350 every second day. I started the first dose with a blackout and then kept the lights low for the following doses. I did 4 doses in total over a week.

I then waited two days and did a 30% water change and added fresh carbon and poly filter to try and rid the tank of the dino x and any toxins. But the corals have continued to decline. It's been a few days now since I stopped the dino x and performed the water change but no signs of recovery.

Is this normal?

what the heck did I do wrong? And is there anything I can do to help the tank?

I have even made a youtube video on my channel which shows the before and after effects of this.

This is not a plug of my channel this genuinely shows the results I have just described above. Some corals have actually bleached and died in the last two days since that was filmed.

Last edited:

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the manual. What id like to know is after an overdose of the product what does it actually do to the corals. Some of my corals have continued to die for more than a week after the treatment ended. And some of the lps have not opened up fully.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back