DinoX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I just ordered some dinox. Can I keep my uv sterilizer running or turn it off during treatment? Thank You.

OP
OP
miyags

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did first treatment, dose 11.5 ml seem right for 60 gal.

jeffreyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 tanks. The larger tank had Dino flaguletes. The product smoked it.

My smaller tank is infested with bryopsis. 3 weeks in and nothing?

jeffreyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank was moved onto a new stand which I think caused all of the problems. The sand was physically moved out of the tank and everything was disturbed. Many of the fish died and then bryopsis.

How long can I continue with Dino X. Should I give it a rest and then start round 2?

I have been thinking of removing all of the sand... Thoughts?

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the sandbed was disturbed and as a result, caused a cycle. Hold off on the Dino X until your water parameters have stabilized.

If you do not have much remaining in the tank, replacing the sand is an option.

jeffreyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much of the corals look good in the tank, however bryopsis has taken over. I think I am going to remove all of the sand bed and see what happens. I think I may have to start the tank over.

jeffreyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
I was doing the Dino x and running Kent tech m at 2000. About dat 20 I'd lost snails. Then all of the sudden I lost over half of the SPS corals. Through all of this no affect on my algae issue. If don a large water change. Just trying now to keep morals I have. Thinking of bio pellets or zeovit. New dry rook and start over.

jeffreyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for all the miss spelling. Be very careful with Dino x. My tank was pristine until I moved it. Sucks. I'll need to start over.

jeffreyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost overnight I lost over 15 corals. Bleached totally white. Be careful with this product. The algae has stopped growing, but none of it died. Time to think about staring over. I think I am going to add some kind of other filtration. Instead of refugium, skimmer, media reactors.... looking into Zeovite.

jeffreyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was doing the Dino x and running Kent tech m at 2000. About dat 20 I'd lost snails. Then all of the sudden I lost over half of the SPS corals. Through all of this no affect on my algae issue. If don a large water change. Just trying now to keep morals I have. Thinking of bio pellets or zeovit. New dry rook and start over.

five.five-six

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see people discussing many other types of alage, I thought Dino-X was for the treatment of dinoflagellates. The instructions say that clams may be harmed. Does that mean dead?

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dino X primarily targets most forms of Dinoflagellates, but can also be used against other types of algae as well.

Yes, some inverts such as Clams can be harmed during the treatment period. This is not because of the ingredients inside Dino X, but rather the toxins and waste that is released as algae and dino begins to die-off. For that reason, we always recommend users remove as much of the algae or dino as possible before starting the treatment. There are certain kinds of Dino strains which release toxins when they die-off, it is this toxin which poses a threat to inverts.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The instructions listed is for Algea X. Is that the same as Dino X?

I'm planning on trying it on my dinoflagellates. I have a question:
Do I do a water change and turn back on all the systems after 2 days? Or after 10 days?

Back