DIY False Wall and Plumbing

Aclman88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I am planning a 5.5 gallon pico and plan on converting it into an all in one tank using a false wall made of acrylic. I saw that glass is possibly a better option, since it will bond better than acrylic, and I could use a coast to coast style overflow. I am a little unsure on how that would work. Wouldn't water just overflow in the return section and the overflow section simultaneously?

My second question conerns the plumbing. I am planning on using the return pump from my waterbox 10 that I replaced with a sicce. Would I just use the 1/2 vynil tubing and 1/2 loc line for the return plumbing?

I am planning on using the following for plumbing the return:

Annotation 2021-09-30 081903.png

Would this work?

OP
OP
A

Aclman88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was refernecing this post (reply #2) when thinking of using glass. I was choosing the plumbing in my original post based on how my waterbox is set up, with a threaded locline to threaded elbow fitting.

Attachments

• 1633004426671.png
    1633004426671.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 20

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use acylic in all my aio builds as long as you do good prep its bonds good and thats a smaller tank so it should be way easier

OP
OP
A

Aclman88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use acylic in all my aio builds as long as you do good prep its bonds good and thats a smaller tank so it should be way easier
Tips for cutting the overflow without special tools and without melting the acrylic? I have access to dremels and drills.

I was thinking teeth for ther wier, but I was also thinking of just cutting out some of the top of the overflow to create a toothless version where the water could spill over the top.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use a table saw to cut and a router table to do the teeth . the dramel would work fine for the teeth

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back